The Road of Kings

Yokiboy

Mongoose
Is there any place where I can find some more info regarding The Road of Kings, except for the blurb on Mongoose's Conan web site?

What will it actually contain? Here's a list of things I'm hoping to find in the book, regarding the different regions/races/cultures:

Height and weight generation guidelines for each race
Regional calendars *
Weather, winds and air pressure patterns
Common trade routes
Ocean currents
Industry, grain production, cattle/fishing (how each region supports itself)

* Note: in the old TSR Conan game, they claim that there was a pretty universal Hyborian calendar.

I am of course also hoping for a whole ton of great REH flavor. Just heap it on Vincent! :D

What would the rest of you like to see in the book? What information would you just love over all else?

TTFN,

Yokiboy

I want more RoK info too, but got zero response when I asked this same question a month or two back. They're being tight-lipped about it... :(

Iron_Chef said:
I want more RoK info too, but got zero response when I asked this same question a month or two back. They're being tight-lipped about it... :(

I don't get why?! They could at least share with us what the book is about. The blurb they have posted now is just a bunch of flavor text that doesn't tell what to expect crunch- or flavor-wise. :?

Any Mongeese around? :wink:

We'd like to have a reason to be pumped up over one of your upcoming releases, care to help? :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Yokiboy said:
Iron_Chef said:

I don't get why?! They could at least share with us what the book is about. The blurb they have posted now is just a bunch of flavor text that doesn't tell what to expect crunch- or flavor-wise. :?

Any Mongeese around? :wink:

We'd like to have a reason to be pumped up over one of your upcoming releases, care to help? :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy

I chalk up any non-responsiveness as:
(1) they are busy working on the product, and
(2) they don't want a bunch of nitpicking on their product before it's even released, because somebody feels they left out something ;)

slaughterj said:
I chalk up any non-responsiveness as:
(1) they are busy working on the product, and
(2) they don't want a bunch of nitpicking on their product before it's even released, because somebody feels they left out something ;)

Nah, that would never happen. Us nitpick - never! :lol:

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Back