THe lamination on my supplements is starting to ripple

lastbesthope

Mongoose
:?

I dug out my Season 3 supplement (Point of No Return) to look at tonight and the lamination had started to ripple, front and back at the bootom of the cover.

It isn't peeling off (yet, hope it doesn't), I was just wondering if anyone else had had this happen to their copies. I've been keeping it safe and dry in a magazine bag on a shelf in my living room since I got it so I doubt it is my storage technique!

LBH

Mine is fine so far.

of course I've just cursed myself now so I expect the plague of locusts followed by lamination peeling imps later today.

I seem to have it also on the techno-mage, season 4(peeling off), season 3 and the Zocalo books. Anybody got any ideas what is causing it?

I've noticed it on like 4 of my supplements. Including the "Technomages", The "Zocalo" and the 3rd and 4th season books.

I was afraid that would happen (it usually does, when the books are used too much :D ) so I have put a transparent cover on all my soft-cover books. I bought it at a bookstore and it has a sticky side so it's easy to put on.

Well I'm almost ashamed to say it but I've barely used any of my books at all.

:oops:

Just a quick flick through the main and Narn books for Anger of the Righteous. They've mostly been sat on my shelves till I can get a gaming group interested (Looking imminent now, I've found a few closet B5ers in Bristol)

LBH

Possibly you are more acidic than the other people and react more with the book cover. (your skin not your temperament)

I do have greasier skin than most, but due to having very little spare time I have barely touched most of my supplements including the one that is rippling, I would expect the main book or even the Rangers supplement to be the ones peeling due to contact with my skin.

LBH

Skin contact and use could bring the results like this to the book cover. I know I've seen it happen to other game books from other manufacturers.

lastbesthope said:
I do have greasier skin than most, but due to having very little spare time I have barely touched most of my supplements including the one that is rippling, I would expect the main book or even the Rangers supplement to be the ones peeling due to contact with my skin.

LBH

Is your Rangers book laminated at all?

Mine sure wasn't...

:evil:

crizh said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

Is your Rangers book laminated at all?

Mine sure wasn't...

:evil:

You wouldn't let it lie! would you?!? :evil:

You have one stupid accident with a glass of milk, a sailing boat and a banjo and no-one lets you forget it...

You're right, the Rangers supplement is NOT laminated, but my point is, I've handled all my books as much or more than the Season 3 one so why is it rippling?

LBH

All of my books are starting to "blister" I am just going to put Contact Paper on it soon. I am going to go down to the Hardware Store or Packaging Store and buy a roll of it. I wanted to wait till I get my copy of Wheel of Fire first that is more important to me than if my books look weathered or not.

I am disappointed in my FLGS since I went there on Monday to see if was Wheel of Fire in or not and I bought another book that I shouldn't since they don't have a clue when it will be in. The clerk swiped my Debit card 3 times so my account went over (tomorrow is pay day) so I guess I won't be previewing anything any longer. I will just buy it and then grouse if it is trash. So be forwarned! I have know the clerk for over 20 years and he is just getting burned out working at a LGS and taking the Friendly out of FLGS...

I mentiond this weeks ago, I have had no end of books with the covers peeling off, one i so bad it stuck to another!

Back