The good, the bad and the ugly moments in your campaignworld

Philip_fry

Mongoose
Hello,

I wonder what are your funniest, saddest, worst or even silliest moments in your conan world? What should be in the hall of fame, what in the hall of shame?

My personal entry for the hall of shame would be an intra party fight, leading to a spit in the face answered by a thrown knife.

The gloriest, for characters at second level even epic, moment was a fight against a group of fanatic picts, defending a holy temple of some sort. It was also the funniest moment in our game so fare, seeing rather high leveled pict warriors cutting themselves or their colleagues down, losing or breaking their weapons, all due to the really unlucky roll of a die. I vividly remember my character nearly been chopped up and only left with a few hit point, facing the attack of a skilled pict warrior, awaiting certain death... but the pict rolled a 1 and fell to his knees. Eager to use this advantage I decided to finish him of, instead of running away, I attacked and killed myself in that effort, because I failed too.

So, what are your stories like?

Regards
Marcel

Don`t remember me...thast was the most stupid fight in my whole lRPG life.

As I mentioned, philip-fry, you are opening pandora´s box!

Teutonic said:
Don`t remember me...thast was the most stupid fight in my whole lRPG life.

As I mentioned, philip-fry, you are opening pandora´s box!

Well, it sure was. Just tried to put it in more friendly words. Regarding the box of pandora, there´s still hope left, as far as I remember :wink:

Actually, in the original myth it was Foresight- the greatest evil of all- that was trapped in Pandora's box. If it had been released, the knowledge of all the suffering they would bear in the future would have broken humanity's spirit beyond repair.

Oh, and I have evil moments from my campaigns to share as well when I have more time.

P.S. Can anyone fix the spelling of the title of this Topic? 8)

Raven

Raven Blackwell said:
Actually, in the original myth it was Foresight- the greatest evil of all- that was trapped in Pandora's box. If it had been released, the knowledge of all the suffering they would bear in the future would have broken humanity's spirit beyond repair.

That´s interesting. The pandora story I know is about her beeing send to the world of humans in order to punish the "fire robbers" by releasing the content (i.e. suffering etc) of the box, finally leaving only hope left inside. I don´t know if she did it by intent or by accident. Not sure if I´m mixing some tales up here so. Guess that sort of Pandora´s Box 2nd edition, or maybe the director´s cut. :wink:

Raven Blackwell said:
P.S. Can anyone fix the spelling of the title of this Topic? 8)

Yes, that would be nice. I´m already getting goos(e) bumps over here.

Regards
Marcel

Back