The Freeport series and Conan

Philip_fry

Mongoose
I know this has already been discussed here. The consensus was, that this adverntures are rather easy to adept to Conan. Since the discription of the city itself is rather vage I´m thinking of transporting the setting into Messantia. Do you think this is feasible?

I have to admit that I read only the first two adventures, so I´m not quite sure. A lighthouse should be fairly easy to implement, but since this is a major part of the story I´m not certain on whose demand it should be build. Any suggestions?

Greetings
Marcel

Any port city would work in place of Freeport.

But the lesser-detailed the city is, the better, I think. Otherwise you have to try to fit the designs of the Freeport campaigns within the preconceptions that go along with the city.

An idea might be to invent your own city on the coast of Argos. That way you could explain it as smaller than Messentia because it largely gets ignored in favour of its larger, more prosperous counterpart.

It also gives you free reign to set the city up however you want to.

I always figgured that if and when I converted Freeport to Conan that I would simply rename the city "Tortage" and place it in the Barachan isles. Seems most fitting I think.

Later.

argo said:
I always figgured that if and when I converted Freeport to Conan that I would simply rename the city "Tortage" and place it in the Barachan isles. Seems most fitting I think.

Later.

Seems fitting to me, too. At least the first adventures should be converted rather easily. No happy singing elves and grunty dwarves strolling around the streets and a rather common feel about it. :lol: Greetings.

I simply placed the Isles from the "Freeport Setting" in some distance to the Barachan Isles and Argos, renamed the city and it worked just fine for me and my players. :wink:

I tried converting Freeport to Conan but Freeport just seemed too silly for that 'Dark Fantasy' mood that the Hyborian Age elicts for me.

Raven

Back