The end of a project

BlackCat

Mongoose
I would like to share this story with you guys.

Five and a half years ago, the old Tower of the Sun community started an original project. Jody Williams, known here as KaiLord, bought on the internet a copy of the first edition of the first Lone Wolf gamebook, Flight from the Dark, which was then sent around the world so that every fans that wanted it could sign it.

After going around the globe, visiting a dozen of countries on four continents, the book was sent to Joseph Robert Dever who signed it and put his personal library seal.

The Wandering Book Project has now been completed! Kai Lord, the owner of the book, got it back after so many years on the road.

As a legacy to this project, he has posted pictures of the book on his Flickr account. Check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shirrok/sets/72157625050383452/

Didn't know about this project.

What a great idea and very cool.

It reminds me of years ago when I was travelling from Sheffield to Glasgow on the coach and I was reading "A Night in the Lonesome October" by Roger Zelazny. A very entertaining book. When I'd finished I gave it to the Aussie backpacker sitting next to me (he was asking about it during the trip) and just told him to give it to another traveller when he had finished it.

I wonder where that book is now. And how many people have read it.

Hey, I remember when this started! I always wanted to join in, but never got around to it. (also, I moved around a bit in those days)

Good job by all invovled. Also, why doesn't Kailord long on here, or on TOTS?

His last post on the Mongoose board was in February. But he did made a post yesterday on the TotS board about this project.

How cool is that?

Hmmm... perhaps we should do the same with one of the Mongoose books here and send it roudn the Mongoose forums? After 5 years it will be a nice surprise again.

Anyone up for that? I've a copy of The Prisoner of Time we could use, or we could get Flight From the Dark to use.

The new ones are a little heavier though...not sure by now much, and if it would matter.

A shame the double-copies some of us have would be the mistake ones. Those would otherwise be perfect to send, but seems a little odd.

Back