The Centauri VENATOR Project -READY-

Which design looks better???

• Short?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello again, dear fanhead fraction :lol:

i had spend some time into the Venator Adv. Cruiser. I have changed the design an little bit since the last creation. i have designed an complete new upper hull and new wings...inspired by the crescent sentri and maximus wings. you can see the advanced battle-laser in the center and the first gun barrel for the plasma accelerator on the wing. i find it looks better with this new parts...

now i must choise.... i have two different configurations for the prototyp.

and now i ask your all...what looks better???

this. the entire ship with an little bit "shorter" design.
Venator007.jpg
Venator001.jpg

or this. an "longer and stretched" version. i tend to use this....
Venator010.jpg
Venator009.jpg

comments,please! :wink:

Cool work as ever 8)

I prefer the second version and personally would prefer a larger top tail fin................but lets see what others think..............

yes of course...the top fin is only an "design-try", currently.
i have some more and try them out, later.

how sayed from your...lets see what the others say.

thanks.

I voted short. (everyone knows width is more important)I just think it makes for a mini that looks more manuverable and quick. It looks like another very cool mini is going to roll out of your shipyard Urobach.

Both look good. Why not cast both lower hulls and let the punters choose?

Also, I think it might look better with the Maximus wings as part of the lower hull rather than that upper section. It's very nice either way though. 8)

The top fin looks out of place on the longer design. It needs to look sleeker. Try rotating it backwards 20-30 degrees.

Both hulls look good, but I'd be more likely to buy the larger one.

I'd vote longer; she's a Battle PL ship, so I think she should be relatively big.

Nice Centauri-ethos design, references the Sulust, Maximus and Covran classes.

I'll want about three of these...look out, White Stars!

The only other thing is the basing as I find the tail base of the Vorchans very difficult so just drill a hole through the fueslage - how are you doing it - the Valerius was a pleasent suprise with the hole for the stand already made :)

I'm for the short hull version, looks more capable of outmaneuvering and hunting White Stars.

But Lord David's suggestion makes sense. It's been known to happen in the real world. I think it was the Essex class carrier :?

Tough choice, they're both great but I think the shorter one is that tiny bit better.
It looks more agile, the laser mount is better placed in terms of the beam not having to shoot right over a chunk of hull and the rear wings just seem better somehow.

I'm really chuffed you picked my suggestion of "Venator" Urobach :oops: :D So I named the Liati and this one too, yay for small fame! :lol:

OK. the most have voted for short. thanks for the comments.
i think the best option for all is i make it modular....that is an good idea.
Then you can choose by yourself how the ship looks. short,middle,long....

thanks for the tip, Lord David.

hmmm??? the wings on the main hull??? i try it out how it looks. 8)

problem cleared!!! :lol:

and, of course, an other top fin. how sayed, the current is only for "tests"

@DaBoss: the problem with the hole is an problem that i want to clear later....i don´t like the stand on the lower wing, too. to instabil....

@Emperorpenguin: Venator sounds simply good.... :wink:

Go with the short one please!

That long one still looks like a badly designed personal massage device. Only more detailed (bumpy?) than the official version.

The short prototype of yours is what a Liati should look like now.

(EA)Urobach said:
OK. the most have voted for short. thanks for the comments.
i think the best option for all is i make it modular....that is an good idea.
Then you can choose by yourself how the ship looks. short,middle,long....

thanks for the tip, Lord David.

hmmm??? the wings on the main hull??? i try it out how it looks. 8)

problem cleared!!! :lol:

It's my pleasure to assist the God of Shipbuilders in any way I can... 8)

Back