THE BLOODY CROWN OF CONAN

terryallenuk

Mongoose
Posted over on Conan.com

Terry
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/

We're about a month away from the release of the next trade paperback, THE BLOODY CROWN OF CONAN, and I just saw the loose pages last week. They look GREAT! Gary's artwork looks as terrific as ever, and the paintings adapted to black and white brilliantly. Thank Crom for a first-class production department like we have here at Del Rey.

Remember the challenge, though. The book hits stores Tuesday, November 23, and all you Howard fans need to lay siege to your local book store. Buy your copies as soon as you can after Nov. 23. If you all hit the stores at once, we have a shot at getting onto the New York Times bestseller list. Won't that freak out the literary types!

There are a lot of book stores out there that only sell the bestsellers, so when BLOODY CROWN hits the list, hundreds of new stores will have to carry it. I think it's only actual "brick and mortar" stores--not the online stores--that report to the Times list, but if you've ordered from an online store, don't worry--that'll help, too. The higher we go on the online ratings, the more buzz we'll generate. So it's all good.

Steve Saffel
Editorial Director
Del Rey Books

Bloody Crown of Conan can now be ordered from amazon.co.uk, though as the US release date is 23 Oct it'll take a week or two to come in.

...and now it's on bookstore shelves across the US, and 'usually dispatched within 24 hours' at amazon.com and amazon.co.uk.

For those of you in the Science Fiction Book Club, they're offering the same volume as a hardcover.

Note that SFBC hardcovers aren't of the highest quality, and are nowhere near collector level, but they are a bit more durable than the paperbacks.

I bought 4 years ago
- The Conan Chronicles: People of the Black Circle Vol 1 (Millennium Fantasy Masterworks S.) ISBN: 1857989961
and
- The Conan Chronicles: Hour of the Dragon Vol 2 (Millennium Fantasy Masterworks S.) ISBN: 1857987470
both from the Publisher Gollancz

The fragments and stories (including the Hyborian Age essay) are from Howard, that is: there aren't modified in any way but there are all there.

Most curious is that these books are available from www.amazon.co.uk but not from amazon.com.
Is the publisher forbidden and censored in the US?
This publisher also reprinted M. Moorcock, F. Leiber, Clark-Ashton Smith, etc.

The King said:
Most curious is that these books are available from www.amazon.co.uk but not from amazon.com.
Is the publisher forbidden and censored in the US?

It's possible they only have a UK licence, something becoming more and more common with licenced IPs.

mthomason said:
It's possible they only have a UK licence, something becoming more and more common with licenced IPs.

I believe that is the case. I also ordered the REH set of two, but have seen many of the other Fantasy Masterworks books in this series available in the States, particularly at Half-Price Books at remaindered prices.

Yes, Del Rey has the US rights and Gollancz the UK (and I think Canadian) rights to the Conan stories.

The Fantasy Masterworks books are pretty good, but they were produced on a tight schedule and the texts aren't as painstakingly perfect as the Wandering Star/Del Rey editions; also, the first printing of the first volume has a lot of errors.

The King said:

To the best of my knowledge (since I own some of the books), the Moorcock and Leiber reprints are pubbed in the USA by White Wolf.

It's interesting but Del Rey books are also available in UK. This edition seems also better (and more) illustrated.

Well it's arrived and in just a week ! Yay !

Certainly looks another nice package and with plenty of extras too , apart from the three stories .

Congratulations to everyone connected with the book at WS and to Del Rey too of course - pleased to see the whiter paper back !!!

Terry

Join The Robert E Howard Comics Group
Check out : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
THE BLOODY CROWN OF CONAN OUT NOW !!!!!!

A little something to give you an idea of the future of Wandering Star's devotion to Howard's work.

http://www.wanderingplanet.com/soon.html

Del Rey has already shown interest in doing tradepaper versions of all the listed titles. :D

Mythos said:
A little something to give you an idea of the future of Wandering Star's devotion to Howard's work.

http://www.wanderingplanet.com/soon.html

Del Rey has already shown interest in doing tradepaper versions of all the listed titles. :D

Nothing's confirmed with them yet though , and it's thought doubtful they'll be interested in the poetry book.

Terry

Join The Robert E Howard Comics Group
Check out : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
THE BLOODY CROWN OF CONAN OUT NOW !!

Back