The Black Kingdoms: Maps, maps, maps!

thulsa

Mongoose
All right, I said I had posted all of Vincent's maps, but of course there was one very important area missing: The Black Kingdoms!

http://hyboria.xoth.net/maps/index.htm#regional

Also, a map of Zamora has been added to the Dreaming West section.

http://hyboria.xoth.net/maps/vd_zamora.jpg

Enjoy!

- thulsa

Is there no end to this hyborian galore?
I hope not...
Am I missing something or Kutchemes doesn't appear on the Eastern Desert map?

Is there a large map available that covers all of the regional maps?
I appreciate it will be a big file, but one worth downloading.
Ralph

The King said:
Is it user-friendly enough?

It's not bad, except on Wednesdays, of course. The program seems to favor Thursdays and Fridays, though.

Seriously, what is user-friendly to one person isn't so user friendly to another. It takes me about four to eight hours of work to make one of those maps.

VincentDarlage said:
The King said:
Is it user-friendly enough?

It's not bad, except on Wednesdays, of course. The program seems to favor Thursdays and Fridays, though.

Seriously, what is user-friendly to one person isn't so user friendly to another. It takes me about four to eight hours of work to make one of those maps.
A lot of work in the end.
May be shall I have ask if it was intuitive enough.

Yogah of Yag said:
(You must tell me how you make those marvelous mountains on the Hyborian map!) :)

I use a bump map (black and white), put it in the Alpha channel, then use the Lighting filter (under the Filter/Render menu).

I'm so happy for these Black Kingdoms maps and I really appreciate anything related to Kush & co.
A supplement about the Black Kingdoms (rather that bunch of adventures we get in "Tales of the BK") would have been much more appreciated than the forthcoming book on Cimmeria....but maybe this is just me.

LucaCherstich said:
I'm so happy for these Black Kingdoms maps and I really appreciate anything related to Kush & co.
A supplement about the Black Kingdoms (rather that bunch of adventures we get in "Tales of the BK") would have been much more appreciated than the forthcoming book on Cimmeria....but maybe this is just me.
It is not just you; everything about the Black Kingdoms (including these maps!) make me tingle all over. It is just such a cool area for adventure and the Black Kingdoms would be my personal number one choice for a regional supplement.

I did A LOT of expansion on the Black Kingdoms in Return to the Road of Kings. I don't know how it turned out after editing, of course, but no matter what, there should be some new material there for everyone about each of those BK locations.

Back