The All New 2300AD

We are on the countdown for pre-orders and the ebook release of 2300AD as we thunder towards Friday. There will be previews coming every day now - this morning, a little peek at Traveller creation.

236958467_4189184704467882_4889797986913506691_n.jpg

Just 5 days to go before pre-orders go live and you can download the ebooks for the new 2300AD box set, and we are continuing with our previews.
Today, a look at some classic hardware...

238095056_4193913663994986_8082019294986691662_n.jpg

Looking great!!!!

Did notice that there are no grids in the weapon listings for the lasers, while the machine gun entries are gridded.

GBFF

Also, the table missing the grid should have 12, not 30 for the Luce-7 magazine capacity
I do like that magazines finally have mass, though. That was missing from the Core rules - it's only in the weapon table block, though, not the summary, but better than nothing (or no mass).
Description, though, I would have the batteries charge an ultracapacitor, not a flywheel - last thing you want to do is add torque to the weapon before it fires. Plus moving parts, especially quickly moving parts adds wear.
And those mags are cheap. Are they rechargeable?

The stats for the Luce-7 magazine don't match between the two tables - one says 12 shots, the other 30.

I'd love to see the art for the combat walkers - this was traditionally a weak point of the original game! Liking what I see so far though - a massive improvement over earlier editions in term of layout and art.

RoF as rpm as opposed to per round seems unnecessarily confusing. Also, it's not listed in the grid either way beyond the Auto trait, and that's only in the slug throwers.

I agree with Gee4orce....this is a massive improvement over earlier editions. The artwork is gorgeous, in my humble opinion. The layout is good. The PDF will allow us to help catch layout problems before the book goes to print, hopefully. That's what Pinnacle Entertainment does (Savage Worlds)...release the PDF, and open up a forum post for corrections/errata on it so that it can be dealt with before it goes to print. Having a hundred (or few hundred) sets of eyes instead of just one or two really can make a differerence.

Regardless, I'm really, really liking what I'm seeing. And we're only down to four days now!!!

GBFF

Fancy a vacation on the colony world of Tirane? Very much like Earth, but a bit nicer - you will be able book tickets for a trip this coming Friday!

2300adpre3.jpg

I like the art! Gives a nice feel for the colony, which is something that previous editions have lacked. Great job!

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu said:
I like the art! Gives a nice feel for the colony, which is something that previous editions have lacked. Great job!

This has been very much a focus - we wanted to make the colonies feel like real places to be explored...

Excellent map!
The odd frustration on the previous version was a complete lack of Tirane map, which seemed to have been an oversight.
Definitely be hitting the preorder button on Friday!

I'm looking REALLY forward to 2300 4.0.
Colin has done some stellar work and I'm really amped about seeing the finished product.

The very final art is rolling in for 2300AD and last minute tweaks are commencing - we are still on course for the pre-order and ebook release of the 2300AD box set this Friday!

In the meantime, we wanted to give you a little preview of one of the workhorse spacecraft of this universe, the Manchurian Star Carrier...

2300adpre4.jpg

Again, the art and interior blueprints are phenomenal, and will certainly find use at my table if the book continues that trend.

Is it Friday yet? Please take my money!!! :D

GBFF

Just two days to go before 2300AD is ready for pre-order and ebook download!

To keep you going, we have another preview for you, a spacecraft that will work well for Travellers who prefer something old school - the Initial Survey Vehicle-2 (ISV-2) Independent Scout.

2300adpre5.jpg

Typo watch, it's exercise not exercice.

Also where do the 16 passengers live on that scout? Are they triple bunking in the crew staterooms?

Also, it's showing 28 days worth of consumables for 10 people. I'm assuming that 16 people would use more consumables, so it'd in reality be about 19-ish days (math is hard!).

So...crew of 12, +4. You'd need to double bunk 6 of the staterooms. It sure won't be the Captain's stateroom that gets double-bunked!! :D

GBFF

Deckplan shows no cargo space, airlock, or hatch, which is a little odd. I don't suppose you teleport aboard.

I guess the beauty of releasing the PDF well in advance of the print copy is there is time to catch and alter errors as they are spotted.

For me, one question I have is whether the 2300AD box set, which is a supplement, will be possible to run with the upcoming Traveller Explorer’s Edition? It’s not a question that affects me directly, as I already have both the Core Rules and Starter Set anyway, but it could be a factor in getting an uptake from first time buyers.

That is, if the core rules not included are basically included in the Traveller Explorer Edition (which is nominally a quick play starter pack, from what I gather and, indeed, it may be printable as a slimmer softback) could it be a follow on purchase that could be stored in the 2300AD box itself?

Also, what does the cover look like? One thing that did look good in the 2300AD for MGT1 book was the cover.

Back