The All New 2300AD

Me too, PDFs are hard work with dyslexia, but layout seems good and easy to navigate so far. Visuals seem nice too. :D

Yah know, I would be nice if on the poster, the lines had the light year distance in-line, as in:

---5.26---

Maybe it was tried and got just too ugly or busy, but it's just a usability suggestion from a map nerd....

GunbunnyFuFu said:
Downloaded...and reading. Am I missing the part where I can make a simple Core human? Can't seem to find it....

GBFF

Book 1, page 8 under Homeworld: "Core World Travellers will be covered in a future supplement."

Well #@$&! That doesn't help me at all! I totally missed that...thanks for pointing it out to me, though!

I would have thought the character generation rules would have contained everything needed to generate a character, either from Core or Frontier. Man, this is really disappointing!

GBFF

We did consider it - however, we found the butter was being spread too thin, so to speak - it was better to concentrate on the Frontier in the main set rather than try to hit all bases but without much depth.

The Core is coming but we wanted to give the Frontier the front seat to begin with.

MongooseMatt said:
We did consider it - however, we found the butter was being spread too thin, so to speak - it was better to concentrate on the Frontier in the main set rather than try to hit all bases but without much depth.

The Core is coming but we wanted to give the Frontier the front seat to begin with.

It certainly would have been nice to know that upfront. That is sort of a big thing, I think, when the CGEN rules only cover half of the play space. Sure, the Frontier is absolutely important, but Tirane and Earth aren't feeling the love.

For example:

" Everything you need to create explorers, company agents, military personnel, merchants, and other inhabitants of 2300AD. This book also contains a comprehensive equipment guide, personal augmentations, and a selection of robots and drones commonly used in space and on colony worlds."

and

"Campaigns in 2300AD range from interstellar exploration and war on the far frontier, building new colonies on hostile worlds, discovering and understanding alien species, and engaging in espionage and crime in the gritty mega-cities of the Core worlds."

seems to indicate that the Core would be covered. I would have certainly preferred the inclusion of that information over getting it out quickly. Again, I absolutely feel that the boxed set is incomplete without this information, as you can't generate "everything you need to create explorers, company agents, etc., etc."

I don't want to beat a dead horse here. I've said my peace. Thanks for providing the rationale behind your decision, though!

GBFF

Apologies if this is already covered, but as an owner of most (if not all) of the first set of Mongoose 2300ad, is there somewhere to get an idea of what changed? Thanks.

GunbunnyFuFu said:
I would have thought the character generation rules would have contained everything needed to generate a character, either from Core or Frontier. Man, this is really disappointing!

We are putting together a 'free DLC' to cover Core character creation - hope that will help!

Just read the news that you're including the Core worlds character generation rules in Book 1 - kudos!

Back