Temeraire

Clanger

Mongoose
These marvellous books by Niaomi Novik would make a great game.

For those who have not read the novels it is the Napoleonic War with Dragons. It is a great setting and they are great reads.

Come on Mongoose this book series needs to be made into a game.

Oh, I definitely agree. This series cries out for game conversion.

Unfortunately, it cries out for a miniatures game. So, unless you are getting into miniatures again, or can license out their production: Mongoose, please leave this one alone... :twisted: :wink:

Actually, someone has posted his house rules, using home-made plasticard dragons and the pasticard ships from WizKids. Don't remember the address offhand. Still, I'd prefer something a little more war-gamey than Pirates as a base system.

Clash Bowley of "Flying mice games" has already written an RPG based on these books. It is founded on his "In harm's way" RPG system. Currently it is in beta testing...

I have enjoyed the books, but like many alternate histories I do not think the world would be so similar to our own.

Basically for an RPG a good regency world book would cover most of it – and that would cover many potential sources, the nice thing about a historical setting is that you do not need a specific licence to cover it as long as you file off the serial numbers. A good regency book would cover Sharpe, Hornblower, Rmage, Brigadier Gerard, Bolitho and all the others, even Jane Austin's books for goodness sake!

Back