Tanker Question

Of course the 'bastard's question' now becomes "If LoS is measured from the center point of the model, why aren't the eyes of the Tanker Bug and the Plasma Bug taken into consideration?", thus turning this whole subect on its head. :lol:

And what about the eyes of the Brain Bug that's supposed to be controlling them? Is LoS measured from the Brain Bug instead? The answer is "No, because it's a game. Use the Tanker's center point for LoS." There. :lol:

So... here's another question. now that we have this "clearified" my first thought was, well, if a tanker pops up in front of you just beat feet behind it/next to it so it can't blast you. What then are the rules for turning a model? On normal MI models they have 360 line of site, right? What about something like a tanker, is it legal to turn the whole model or would you have to use a move action first? Or... am I totally wrong on everything and most models don't have a 360 line of sight?

I'd say it'd have to use an action to move first as they are out of arc and the creature is BIG it has lumbering after all. Be the same for Vehicles and other large pieces with arc weapons.

This all pure opinion and speculation mind, but it fits with the lumbering fluff from STT V1.0

127th Angry Angels said:
I'd say it'd have to use an action to move first as they are out of arc and the creature is BIG it has lumbering after all. Be the same for Vehicles and other large pieces with arc weapons.

This all pure opinion and speculation mind, but it fits with the lumbering fluff from STT V1.0
seconded.

The answer is that although most models can shoot freely, some that are large and/or slow have fire arcs. The Tanker has a 180-deg. arc and the Plasma has 90-deg. arcs. So, unless it is stated that a unit has an otherwise limiting fire arc, it would have a 360-deg. field of fire.

Page 26 offers more detail on this. On page 26, Fire Arc:X is defined as
Weapons with a reduced arc of fire will have that limitation noted as a trait. Generally thi is a trait only applied to mechanised or extremely slow models.

Holden said:
So if it has a fire arc you would need to spend a move action to turn around?
Yep, nowhere does it say you can turn without an action, but under movement it does say you can make as many turns as you like and end up facing any direction. So if you react behind the tanker to avoid the spray, he'll just charge you instead of spraying you. :)

Holden said:
So if it has a fire arc you would need to spend a move action to turn around?

Yes, you would. You are using good logic in that having a limited fire arc implies either or both in having a large mass or a slow turning ability. Remember that the rules I previously quoted say that it is a trait only applied to mechanised or extremely slow models. Also, don't forget what Rabidchild warned against as the ratio of massive bulk is tied to the large size of the beast's feet and Bugs have lots of feet! :wink:

BuShips said:
[Also, don't forget what Rabidchild warned against as the ratio of massive bulk is tied to the large size of the beast's feet and Bugs have lots of feet! :wink:
I said what? Is there an equation to show that? :)

Rabidchild said:
BuShips said:
[Also, don't forget what Rabidchild warned against as the ratio of massive bulk is tied to the large size of the beast's feet and Bugs have lots of feet! :wink:

Yeah, the equation is the footprint in the ground that is superimposed over the MI Troopers that didn't stay clear of that giant Bug's "backup lights". The smart (and live) MI have a phrase for that. It's called "Role-reversal: getting stepped upon by a Bug" or "MI roadkill, the other definition of Skinnie." :lol: Some believe that if you step on too many bugs your Karma will catch up to you. The Universe might indeed have a sense of humor after all. :wink:

BuShips said:
Rabidchild said:
BuShips said:

Yeah, the equation is the footprint in the ground that is superimposed over the MI Troopers that didn't stay clear of that giant Bug's "backup lights". The smart (and live) MI have a phrase for that. It's called "Role-reversal: getting stepped upon by a Bug" or "MI roadkill, the other definition of Skinnie." :lol: Some believe that if you step on too many bugs your Karma will catch up to you. The Universe might indeed have a sense of humor after all. :wink:

Nice, i never thought of it that way befor.

Back