T5 so when is it going to be on sale

2330ADUSA1

Mongoose
Hello everyone,

So when will T5 actually be on sale?

The only web site I have on it is this one...

http://www.traveller5.net/

there is also the Citizens of the Imperium forum too

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php

Does anyone have a real update on when that propsed $100.oo tome is actually coming out?

OK poking around and after I put up a post as well over there at COTI myself, it would appear that those folks that did Kickstart are just getting email notifications today and last week that their T5 books are mailing now. So soo the rest of us will be able to buy a copy if we want one. I want the final Dead Tree version myself.

2330ADUSA1 said:
Go here to order...

http://www.traveller5.net/OrderT5.html

I just did...
No thanks. I have no interest at this time and certainly not while at this place. This site is for the Mongoose version of Traveller.

COTI is for multiple versions of Traveller and would be a much better location for discussing T5.

Hey I like all versions of Traveller and will NOT put on BLINDERS, just because someone feels threatened. I own at this point everything that Mongoose has put out in Dead Tree format and a few of the .pdfs too. I have been collecting Traveller stuff for over 37+ years now and will continue to do such and that includes T5 stuff too. Also since there is still freedom of speach, I asked about T5 and then started digg into it more and posted updates for everyone to see. I also have NOT been to COTI in a long time but will return to post there as well too, and continue to post here as well too.

The beauty of Mongoose Traveller is its simplicity, the opposite in many ways seems to be true for T5. Are the two mutually exclusive? I think many avid Mongoose players & GM's believe the two systems may have something to offer each other if only in terms of house rules or interesting references. This has always been the case with differing editions of Traveller; when one rule system is lacking or ambiguous the community refers to other editions. This seems to be the accepted tradition.

2330ADUSA1 said:
Hey I like all versions of Traveller and will NOT put on BLINDERS, just because someone feels threatened. I own at this point everything that Mongoose has put out in Dead Tree format and a few of the .pdfs too. I have been collecting Traveller stuff for over 37+ years now and will continue to do such and that includes T5 stuff too. Also since there is still freedom of speach, I asked about T5 and then started digg into it more and posted updates for everyone to see. I also have NOT been to COTI in a long time but will return to post there as well too, and continue to post here as well too.

Ditto. Good show. Not sure why I am detecting so much defensiveness on these boards. It's not like we're discussing jump torpedoes or anything.

Ha. Haha. Oh man. You guys...

Seriously, don't care if you discuss here, but you will get more attention on a forum that isn't the official Mongoose one, because, you know... Mongoose. Hope that ones obvious :lol:

nerfherder said:
Is there a PDF option? I couldn't see one, and it seems silly to pay international postage for CD-ROMs.

Yes, true. I'm sure that Marc will get it up at DriveThru before too long.

For me it is all just resource material as I use my own In House rules that are based off of both Traveller and Basic Roleplaying D100 systems. I have running (GMing) it that way for a good 20+ yrs and have not decided to change now. So I just try to buy it all.

If you want to discuss the latest design innovations in Honda cars, then the best place to talk about them would obviously be somewhere like your local Ford dealership.

It would be really defensive of Ford if they wondered why you didn't go to a Honda showroom.

Discussing T5 rules here, other than regards sharing material, would be in bad form.

Discussing availability is quite different. Its been done in the past with no censure - and Matt has even mentioned T5 in other threads.

Originally MgT was promoted as a sort of stepping stone to an eventual T5. They have evolved so much that such isn't really the case. But, they share the same common beginnings, and setting, so borrowing between them is bound to happen - and be a good thing for both.

barnest2 said:
Seriously, don't care if you discuss here, but you will get more attention on a forum that isn't the official Mongoose one, because, you know... Mongoose. Hope that ones obvious :lol:

Oh, you haters of free speach will couch your arguments in all sorts of compelling, polite and completely rational and reasonable logic. :lol:

captainquirk said:
If you want to discuss the latest design innovations in Honda cars, then the best place to talk about them would obviously be somewhere like your local Ford dealership.

Heh.

captainquirk said:

It would be really defensive of Ford if they wondered why you didn't go to a Honda showroom.

As I have already said I OWN EVERYTHING that Mongoose has published on Traveller in Dead tree format. I am even waiting on the Dread Tree format for their last 4 Traveller products that all are Pre-Order status yet. As to T5 I see that as just another Traveller based product is all. I will buy it , read it, and borrow from it what ideas and concepts I see of value and then it will go on my Libray shelves in my den with the rest of the Traveller resouces that I have been buying over the last 37+ years. I have been lucky I have always had the extra funds to buy it all, and thus my private GM/Gaming library rivals most others that I have ever known.

Now I have not even seen any of T5 yet, so I can not truely talk about it here on the Mongoose form. Now I feel my own house rules which are a cross between Traveller based and Basic Roleplaying D100 systems with some of my own rules added in are what I have been using in my campaigns over the past 20-25 years running. I don't bash or judge anyone elses rules nor do I put blinders on and follow a single set of rules just to be apart of the crowd. I think for myself and do what feels and works best for myself and my players. My rules sets have been adopted by all of my gamers whom are all older guys like myself (late 40s and 50s aged guys) whom also all are GMs themselves and use my rules in their own games with some house rules of their own. Still you don't see any of us pushing our stuff on here, do you. We speak up from time to time on different topics, but mostly are pretty quiet.

So just chill and enjoy the fact that their are folks willing to buy and play and comment on all things Traveller, and that it has lasted as long as it has. I do think that my 37+ years of buying everything, and collectng the various magazines and etc, has helped to keep this game running as long as it has.

I have to agree with 2300. I was hoping to come back to a Traveller game and community that wasn't full of cranks arguing about piracy, jump torpedoes, the exact volume of liquid hydrogen in an 3g environment, etc. It's one reason I left Trav a while back (that and the stupid math required to build ships and vehicles in MT and GURPS).

Instead, if we dare to mention other sci-fi tropes or games or, FFS, the game produced by the creator and founder of the game (who is a really nice guy BTW) who just happens to own the property and licenses it to Mongoose, we get beaten up. Makes me wonder if all the posters are writers who are concerned about their checks.

Seriously, if you are relying on RPG writing to make a good living, you're in for a lot of disappointment. I've been in corporate and marketing communcations for 20 years, and have seen my wealth drop by 70% and my income drop by 50% (when I can find work) - gee can you tell I'm a pissed-off Gen X? So if you are worried about us purchasing Mongoose stuff, I think 2300 already pointed out we are. Heck, i just dropped $75.00 on MongTrav - the most I have spend on ANY gaming system in 5 years.

I think the more enthusiasm we show for the hobby of gaming and for sci-fi in general is good. Let's face it, sci fi is not popular. The last 4 conventions I was at had 20 tables of Pathfinder and zero ... ZERO... other games that ran (mine included). And when it comes to promoting Traveller - of any kind - it's a good thing. It is free advertisement for all who produce Traveller material. So pissing of newly-arrived fans (such as myself), does not help.

Ya know what? Perhaps I should just sell all my MongTrav stuff on ebay, and badmouth the hell out of Mongoose. Would that help? FFS.

And by the way, last time I bought a car I asked each salesperson around 20-30 questions based on comparisons with other makes of manufacturers. If they could not answer or defend their product, not only did they suck at sales (and should be fired so someone in my generation can get back to work), but they certainly lost a sale. Comparing other makes and models helps the consumer process down the sales funnel (if you don't know what that is, look it up) and narrow their choices until they make a buying decision.

Seriously, I keep seeing so much negatiity on these boards it makes rpg.net look like a love-fest. Can't we all just enjoy a game about pretend space elves (Darrains) and encourage one another? Gah!

Ummm... I'm amused. We have two rather lengthy diatribes in response to a couple of people saying "You'll probably get more interest on a site that isn't devoted to MongTrav". We're not saying you can't, shouldn't, or must not discuss it here. And not one of us is suggesting you should leave.
Seriously, chill. Discuss if you want. But I think the vast majority here are here for MongTrav, rather than any other version.
And not a single person has 'beaten you up'...

Ya know,

I was just about to pull/delete my post cause I'm being a jerk. It was a bad week (on that we can all agree) and I overreacted.

Sincere apologies to all. :oops:

The Vrusk said:
Ya know,

I was just about to pull/delete my post cause I'm being a jerk. It was a bad week (on that we can all agree) and I overreacted.

Sincere apologies to all. :oops:

It's cool guy. Don't worry about it. We all get tense sometimes :)

But you shall never delete what goes on the net :lol: :D (I'm poking fun)

LMAO...ok "Group Hug"....speaking for myself, I have been around and post when I feel like saying something. As I said I only asked When another version of a game might be out? As to leaving, nah I can deal with anything negative. MongTraveller has done a pretty darn good job so far and I don't mind buying anything that they have come out with. OK the LBB I have passed on buying them, space and size is of no concern to me. I have all of the original LBBs first printings, and would rather purchase the full sized Dead Tree versions anyway. You see we older guys (I'm 49), it harder on the eyes to read or hold those LBBs. LOL and although I am MIS/IT and a Systems Architect/Database Adminstartor/Project Manager I would much rather have a Dead Tree version book than a .pdf file on some reader/tablet. Give me a printed bound book any day, where I can write notes and etc any day.

So fear not, I am not going anywhere!!! :lol:

Back