Supressing Tanks in BE

ckroegel

Mongoose
What does it take to supress a tank in Battlefield Evolution....does it take 4 damage dice since the size score is 4 for tanks? Does that mean that infantry weapons can easily suspress a tank.

Are tanks immune to supression?

On the card for each vehicle it will say if it is immune to supression. I believe they all are from the preview cards I've seen.

All the wave 1 tanks are immune to supression. Im guessing most vehicles will be to be honest, you cant really force a vehicle to 'keep its head down'.

You can of course force a tank to pull back but thats not going to actually make it any slower or less able to return fire as the suppression rules do.

Basically the supression rules in BF Evo are as they stand for infantry supression only I believe. Of course some vehicles like technicals rely on a man standing on the back in the open to fire so they MIGHT be more vulnerable to supression. Guess Ill have to wait and see when I get my wave 2 stuff :D

Locutus9956 said:
All the wave 1 tanks are immune to supression. Im guessing most vehicles will be to be honest, you cant really force a vehicle to 'keep its head down'.

Though you can force them to button up, thus limiting their visibility...

Not sure how that could be accuratly be represented in BF:evo(no fog of war here!) but pain when it comes factor though. Hard to go forward when visibility is reduced :D

I have feeling there will be more detailed suppression rules in the advanced rulebook and well as detailed vehicle damage effects. At least I hope so...

I bought my first Chalenger today and noticed it can't be suppressed.
Fine and dandy but it should prevent you being able to use the GPMG, no one will put their head up there under heavy fire

emperorpenguin said:
I bought my first Chalenger today and noticed it can't be suppressed.
Fine and dandy but it should prevent you being able to use the GPMG, no one will put their head up there under heavy fire
Many modern tanks have "addon packages" designed for urban combat such as the M1A1's TUSK (Tank Urban Survival Kit). One of the items in the upgrade is a remote control/sensor package to allow the gunners to fire the MGs from the within the tank with the hatch down. I don't know if the Challenger II has it currently, but if not, it's a reasonable extraction 12 years into the future for the setting.

tneva82 said:
Locutus9956 said:

Though you can force them to button up, thus limiting their visibility...

Not sure how that could be accuratly be represented in BF:evo(no fog of war here!) but pain when it comes factor though. Hard to go forward when visibility is reduced :D
Not sure I follow you. The driver's hatch has windows so he can drive with it closed. Additionally, modern tanks are designed to be able to operate in total darkness, within smoke, and other conditions with zero visibility to the naked eye. They use computer systems to see. Granted it's easier to flank/sneak up on them, but that's why you have infantry support and radios. :D

Paladin said:
I don't know if the Challenger II has it currently, but if not, it's a reasonable extraction 12 years into the future for the setting.

Not with our penny-pinching government it's not! :lol:

Greg Smith said:
The only reason the EFTF infantry has body armour is because they borrowed it off the tank divers. :roll:

I'd make a joke about "tank divers" except the truth of that statement kind of kills the comedy

I was going to use a smiley after my statement to show sarcasm, but decided that would be bad.

If you don't know what we are talking about:
http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=4192

And similarly with Hercules C130s
http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=2282

Sadly it takes a high bodycount to get funding from most politicians. And then it's too late because the priceless assets have already been lost.

Paladin said:
Sadly it takes a high bodycount to get funding from most politicians. And then it's too late because the priceless assets have already been lost.

True. Sadly the US has had the fire suppression foam in their Hercs since the Vietnam war. While we are only fitting them now after we lost a plane and its crew.

The US has realised a long time ago that troop losses are bad press and gone a long way to protecting them. The British government hasn't quite woken up to that fact.

The US government is no better, we just have different failings. . .

Don't forget our government is the one where the Secretary of Defense was called out by a rank and file trooper for not providing armor kits for the Hum-Vees. . .

The SecDef's response was not. . . "I will look into that and make sure that it is addressed immediately!!"

It was. . . "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want."

The US is the richest, most powerful nation in the world. To not provide our troops with something as basic as armor kits for inadequately armored vehicles is unforgivable, as has been mentioned.

From what I read, the plant that produced those armor kits was operating at 50% capacity at the time of the statement!!! :evil:

Soulmage said:

I remember seeing that on the Daily Show. Rummy could say some dumb things. 'There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns' is my favourite. :D

Greg Smith said:
Soulmage said:

I remember seeing that on the Daily Show. Rummy could say some dumb things. 'There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns' is my favourite. :D

Rummy saying dumb things just shows how well he works with George W. Bush

Back