Support for my local game store & Bits n Mortar program

phavoc

Emperor Mongoose
I've been bugging my local game store for a while now to get on board with the Bits and Mortar program. I've purchased most of my Traveller books from them (and many, but not all of the ones that have been released thus far) and I wanted the electronic and printed copy. I want the printed copy because nothing replaces a book, but the electronic version is nice to have to put on my thumb drive or laptop and haul around.

It took a while but my LGS came through in spades. After getting through the a number of mix-ups, my mail box started blowing up with pdf's from the Bits and Mortar program. Yay me!

So for those of you that don't have your LGS as part of this, make sure you work on them to join. It's stupidly easy, and the folks at Bits and Mortar are stupidly fast in email replies. When I first posted to their site trying to run interference for my LGS I had a reply with a concrete answer in less than an hour. It took my LGS a few days to get through their stuff, but I'm now on my way to digital happiness. :)

My LGS is Madness Comics and Games. If you need a place to buy your hardbacks and get the pdf, I heartily reccomend them!

I bitch when stuff is bad, but I like to praise when stuff is good. And things are good!!

It's pretty damn easy for them to sign up, and once they get their ID they have access to all of the pdf files. They can either mail them to you via Bits and Mortar site, or they can download them all and give them to you in their store (or email them).

Now that I don't have to decided between books or electronic, I'm more likely to buy things that have marginal interest to me.

Yea it is REALLY easy to sign up. Mongoose and Jon Brazer Enterprises are both members. We believe in supporting the game store and this is one way we can do that.

If you game store isn't on board with Bits and Mortar, talk to them. Pester them. Its crazy easy to sign up and is a lot of benefit to you and them.

IanBruntlett said:
Have just sent an e-mail to Travelling Man suggesting that they join up with Bits and Mortar.

Strange coincidence, I took the information into Travelling Man, Newcastle, yesterday

steelbrok said:
Strange coincidence, I took the information into Travelling Man, Newcastle, yesterday
Good news. Travelling Man are on to it now. I've just received this email:-

Cheers for the heads up on this, but we are already signed up with them, I've emailed Mike at newcastle with the details he needs to log on to their website. So when you next get a book from us, have a chat. I'll ask him to brief the team up there aswell.

Woot++

Back