style of slaine games

While I'm thinking of it, a film on Slaine or Cuchulain would be great and quite possible considering today's technology.

chances are more for slaine as their is a fan base and a known universe to work in 8) it is also helped by the good results comic hero films are getting at the moment and would if good :evil: a brilliant subject which bit of the series would be best for you I would like the horned god or at a push slaine the king what is your view :twisted:

in fact I am a bit at a loss with comics as I usually don't read them because I don't have the time and the money. Currently I essentially buy books on both mythic and historical Greece (Herodotus and Robert Graves for instance). But in a way, ancient Greece is very near to Celtic time because many west-european towns were founded by Greeks and Robert Graves in his book the White Goddess compares the Greeks with the Celts.

exactly, Celts were used by Carthage and even the Romans (against Carthage). They were feared for the axes which they threw at the neemy before engaging in melee.
I am more interested in Dark Age Greece though (2000-1500 BC) were many battle were fought between 2 champions rather than whole armies with the Gods' involved more or less in human matters (as per the Celtic myth but even more).

I have here some more and direct sources for inspirations with some great ideas : http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/index.htm

The King said:
exactly, Celts were used by Carthage and even the Romans (against Carthage). They were feared for the axes which they threw at the neemy before engaging in melee.
I am more interested in Dark Age Greece though (2000-1500 BC) were many battle were fought between 2 champions rather than whole armies with the Gods' involved more or less in human matters (as per the Celtic myth but even more).

have you tryed OGL anicents by mongoose it has that flavour :wink:

Very good books i ve bought in England : The meeting of the waters and The king of Sleep, written by Caiseal Mor.

http://nemedia.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?t=206

will look them up always looking for some new celtic novels and am loking forward to the slaine novels 2000AD say they are going to publish 8)

Back