Stilton at Dawn- Centauri/Narn Batrep

Maybe you're right, but in a typical 5 point raid I'd likely only have one ship at raid. The rest of the points would be spent on a Primus and four skirmish ships, probably Vorchans or a mix of Vorchans and Darkners.

So for me the Dargan's all-round guns, fighters and agility make up the lower hull and lighter battle laser in the overall fleet.

Then again I'll probably get my fan-head arse handed back to me and have to re-think the whole thing, but when I used a Dargan as my main ship in a 5 point skirmish game it was the queen of the battlefield, killing about half the overall enemy losses, and most of them in one of turn of firing out of every arc.

Give this a try:
3x Prefect
2x Maximus (hang around the rear, don't go off on the attack)
2x Corvan
2x Razik wing

I think that selection would even give Reaverman's Narn Bat Squad a run for its money...

Dread Pirate Burger said:
Give this a try:
3x Prefect
2x Maximus (hang around the rear, don't go off on the attack)
2x Corvan
2x Razik wing

I think that selection would even give Reaverman's Narn Bat Squad a run for its money...

I was going to mention using Maximus

Actually I am tempted to buy some Centauri, just to field that fleet... reckon I can get em all delivered and painted by the 16th? ;)

Four days? ID Gaming might be able to get the stuff to you in that time, but building and painting them all?

Actually most of those ships don't have much building to do; the Maximus comes as a single piece, the Corvan has two engines to attach and the Centurion/Prefect needs its four wings attaching. If you paint fast you might do it... 8)

If I was not working nights this week, I could paint them that quick. Oh, and at some point I want a Centauri fleet too. But at the moment, ISA is next on my list. Since I have 3 other races, that I can use with them ;)

Just, think, a "low fat" version of this page would probably be a whole page long.

Captain David the Denied said:
Why is it that the Burger/Reaverman double feature

Never seen them together, so wouldn't....hang on a minute!!!!

emperorpenguin said:
For instance, Sherman tanks had a drawback that they could not defeat Tigers or Panthers at range. So they covered each other and flanked the enemy usually losing 3 or 4 tanks on average until they got behind and destroyed the tank. That is definitely a drawback whether you legislate for it or not....

Thats not a drawback, thats called being outnumbered.
I thought he meant it was drawback for the Shermans - I'd say having to use 6 to 1 ratio of tanks is a drawback (especially if your losing 50%).

'Six Timbers' Reaverman said:
If I was not working nights this week, I could paint them that quick. Oh, and at some point I want a Centauri fleet too. But at the moment, ISA is next on my list. Since I have 3 other races, that I can use with them ;)

That is a valid argument for the ISA fleet. I'd prefer it if you could have less White Stars are more member race ships, though...

one drawback everyone seems to forget when comparing centauri to narn is that a nice little crit to your forward arc weapons takes out all meaningful weapons, on a narn ship you have the boresight or forward weapons, then all those secondaries, which is great for my narn.

as for centauri killing narn by turn 3, what was the narn player doing? he could get all his big guns boresighting people with more range than the centauri due to his init bonus. the energy mines can hit darkners 1st as only hull 4, hell with that many Emines i would be hitting sullusts cos doesnt take too much to take them down.

philogara said:
I thought he meant it was drawback for the Shermans - I'd say having to use 6 to 1 ratio of tanks is a drawback (especially if your losing 50%).

Well since they could out manufacture the german tanks, I would not call it a drawback. In fact the turn around time on 'Brewed' Shermans in Normandy was rather quick, and unless its was a complete wreck, it was back in action within a few hours. Which was not what could be said with the German tanks, the Tiger in particular was a pig in theatre.

Tell that to the poor bastards who died trapped inside those burning Shermans... repairing the vehicle doesn't replace the dead crew.

No, they just used a hose pipe, and sleuced the yucky bits out ;)

Plenty more American tankies where they came from, right?

I would assume so....I'm just going on what I have read, and seen on the History/Discovery channel. :)

Maybe one day Discovery will do a special; "Logistical supplies of the Battleground" ;)

'Six Timbers' Reaverman said:
philogara said:

Well since they could out manufacture the german tanks, I would not call it a drawback. In fact the turn around time on 'Brewed' Shermans in Normandy was rather quick, and unless its was a complete wreck, it was back in action within a few hours. Which was not what could be said with the German tanks, the Tiger in particular was a pig in theatre.

was still a drawback, IF the allies could have developed Panthers and Tigers they would have instead they made do with inferior tanks. Ever since WW2 the British army has been famed for designing "Tigers" the Centurion, Cheiftain and Challenger

And Philogara is right that is a pretty bloody big drawback

Dread Pirate Burger said:
The Prefect absolutely rocks. I'd say its the best Raid level ship in the game at the moment. I'd take one over a Dargan any day, it has hull 6, more damage/crew and 50% stronger battle laser. The only disadvantages are no fighters, one less turn, no rear weapon, and a bit weaker side weapons. These disadvantages pale in signifigance compared to the advantages and can easily be overcome by fleet selection.

Now that I can agree with, where's Reaverman to argue with me?

Back