Stilton at Dawn- Centauri/Narn Batrep

What the hell, all I did was forget "no aft weapons" on the list of disadvantages, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

'Six Timbers' Reaverman said:
You are missing the point...BIG TIME

'Six Timbers' Reaverman said:
Like I said its a fleet game, you have other ships and auxilary craft to support the vessel. If you deploy a ship with weak arcs and then dont take that into consideration, its the fault of the Admiral and not the designer.

I never said that it did not have a drawback, I said that it was irrelavant when used correctly in a fleet.

No you're missing the point, it is either AS relevant as not having fighters or poor turning which your buddy said (but you didn't criticise him funny.....) or they are all irrelevant in which case the ship has NO drawbacks....

In fact I have yet to see yourself/Burger/hash admit to being wrong

Funny how Reaverman and I always get accused of tag-team baiting people... but if you look at this thread, I've only made factual posts, and its quite clearly EP and LDD tag-team baiting Reaverman!!!

Dread Pirate Burger said:
What the hell, all I did was forget "no aft weapons" on the list of disadvantages, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Thank you Burger! For saying you forgot it in the list of disadvantages

none of this would have happened were it not for Reaverman's desperate attempts to always be right!

emperorpenguin said:

none of this would have happened were it not for Reaverman's desperate attempts to always be right!
Well he is right. It is a fleet game, and lack of aft weapons isn't really a major disadvantage, if you accomoddate it into your fleet.

emperorpenguin said:

Yes you are right

Funny how Reaverman and I always get accused of tag-team baiting people... but if you look at this thread, I've only made factual posts, and its quite clearly EP and LDD tag-team baiting Reaverman!!!

here we go again, :roll: LDD has barely even posted, you guys have had issues with me ever since I entered an argument on the side of markn who you were tag-team baiting. Wonder why you get that name? maybe because it's true!? :roll:

emperorpenguin said:

here we go again, :roll: LDD has barely even posted, you guys have had issues with me ever since I entered an argument on the side of markn who you were tag-team baiting. Wonder why you get that name? maybe because it's true!? :roll:
LDD is the one who accused me of tag-team baiting, in THIS THREAD! When I have barely posted, and all I had posted up til that time was facts.

emperorpenguin said:

Well he is right. It is a fleet game, and lack of aft weapons isn't really a major disadvantage, if you accomoddate it into your fleet.

By that logic neither is lack of fighters or agility so your post was rubbish was it?

emperorpenguin said:
emperorpenguin said:

By that logic neither is lack of fighters or agility so your post was rubbish was it?
I'll leave that for readers to decide.

emperorpenguin said:
emperorpenguin said:

So that must mean, my post was right and you were....wrong :twisted:

emperorpenguin said:
Captain David the Denied said:
I complained about the berfing...
berfing? what's that!? :p

That's when gangsta mom's have children; they give berf. Whichever day that ends up on becomes the child's berfday.

Sorry - couldn't resist - let the "Nuremberg Trial" flaming thread resume.

Firstly quite a cool report SNJ! and I quite agree with you - I've always felt Narn to be quite a bit disadvantaged at the higher PLs, most of the demo games I have played have been Centauri vs. Narn at about 5pt Battle level, with the emphasis on higher PL ships...Centauri rule there.
In fact I assumed that Centauri were just better...however I have been proved wrong on that account by getting my butt whiped by Narn skirmish ships on lower PL levels (5pt raid is v scary vs Narn).

Secondly...
emperorpenguin said:
In fact I have yet to see yourself/Burger/hash admit to being wrong

Wow - didn't realise you felt that way, I will simply say that I don't believe that I have stubbornly or irrationally held a viewpoint simply for the sake of it and I will freely admit when I think I'm wrong...if you feel I have unjustly done so, please feel free to PM me and I will gladly discuss it with you. I do enjoy debate on these forums, even with Reaverman and Burger - check out this thread...

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20013&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Of course I have my opinions, likes and dislikes but am open to change on that, after all this is just a game right? That doesn't mean I will instantly accept someone else's point of view, on the contrary an exchange of experiences and viewpoints is quite healthy and something I very much enjoy on these boards. I suggest everyone take a few moments (or better yet a few hours) to consider their posts and try to stay on topic (apologies for this temporary sidetrack!) - this is just a game chaps and it is a bit silly to rant and rave about what essentially is grown men playing with "rocket ships". :wink:

Captain Hash said:
this is just a game chaps and it is a bit silly to rant and rave about what essentially is grown men playing with "rocket ships". :wink:
BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!

Once again, people are assuming I want the Prefect improved. When have I ever said it needs to be improved? Or even vaguely suggested it?

What I have said is that I don't see it as a problem. I don't consider it superior to any other Centauri ship at its PL. In fact I'd rarely use one. I prefer the Dargan at raid level because of its general utility. For my money the Prefect is fine as it is and doesn't need to be modified at all.

I will use it in more games to see if I'm wrong, however, but that's my opinion at this time.

The Prefect absolutely rocks. I'd say its the best Raid level ship in the game at the moment. I'd take one over a Dargan any day, it has hull 6, more damage/crew and 50% stronger battle laser. The only disadvantages are no fighters, one less turn, no rear weapon, and a bit weaker side weapons. These disadvantages pale in signifigance compared to the advantages and can easily be overcome by fleet selection.

Back