Still waiting for a Fleet Box

Dogbertious

Mongoose
Sorry to drag this sort of thread back up.

As it stands, I placed an order for a Klingon Fleet box through my local game store several months ago. It's become almost something of a ritual, I wander in, have a chat with the staff, they phone their supplier, the supplier tells them that they've not received the stuff yet. Given the initial delays and problems with overwhelming demand, I've been patient, understanding that it's not just me, but almost everyone who preordered online as well.

Now, very recently the ritual was disrupted by the supplier having a date when the shop should receive stock. Even the staff in the shop were a bit suprised. So, few days after said date, I head into the shop, just to find out that they hadn't received the stuff. So, the guy behind the till phoned their supplier, who said they hadn't received anything yet, and were investigating why.

So, today, on my birthday no less, I hear back from the store that the supplier hadn't received any stock because Mongoose were sold out to web preorders......again. As you might imagine, this is starting to wear a little thin.
My question must be this; when on earth will I get my fleetbox?

hoenstly i cancelled my order through my supplier months ago in favor of direct order from mongoose. they favor there direct web orders over flgs support.

Well, I'm a stubborn git, and I want to support my local store (the place where I am most likely to be able to play the game).

No local store to speak of, so direct order is the only option for myself and many others whose local store either doesn't stock Mongoose Publishing stuff or is a brand specific one (e.g. GW).

There are still a few of us direct order people that haven't received their order placed in November yet. Well just me that I know of but hopefully that will change in a few days. Just waiting on that email saying they have been shipped.

Dogbertious said:
So, today, on my birthday no less, I hear back from the store that the supplier hadn't received any stock because Mongoose were sold out to web preorders......again.

I am afraid this is not true. We have met every distributor order we have recieved.

Now, whether every distributor ordered enough, well, that is quite another story. Two distributors placed restocks with us before they had received their initial orders (and these, too, have been met by us), so that is a very strong suggestion to us that demand is very strong from stores and that not every distributor expected this.

We would suggest that your store talks to their distributor and gets them to order again. Alternatively, your store is welcome to contact us directly - we will find out which distributor they are using and have a chat, as they say.

We are meeting orders as they come in, but we need to know who wants what before we can dispatch ships!

Since the 'latest news' thread has been unstickied, where do the individual pre-orders stand at this point?

Aside from a few Romulan sets that will be going out early this week, all pre-orders of the Klingon, Romulan and Federation fleet/squadron sets are out of the door. Singles that have been taken off 'pre-order' status are 98% out of the door, with the rest taken care of this week.

If you think you are missing something, please drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com

Matthew, that might be true for the UK, but I just exchanged e-mails with Kelly because that's not 100% accurate for here in the USA. She's keeping me in the loop on when I can expect my order.

So Sgt_G, when can we in the US expect shipping on the Romulans?

And how is it that something manufactured in Ohio shows up in the UK first?

I'd rather not post what Kelly wrote to me, but she indicated that I should have all of my minis (those in production) in a reasonably short amount of time.

Back