Stellar Empires: Fleet

Morpheus1975

Mongoose
Ok people I need your help. I'm just working on a game I call Stellar Empires. I've spent the last few years writing it and have shared a few things with several people with a very good response. Here is a part of my intro.

Welcome to the Stellar Empires game system. This game has been designed and created to provide you, the player, with the most all-inclusive starship combat game ever produced. The game includes a powerful construction system that allows you to design your own weapons and the ships to bring to them to bear.

Not all races/empires utilize starships that have the same level of technological development. Some excel in certain aspects of technology but lag behind in others. The following categories make up the technology profile for a race/nation:

Every race/empire has reached certain levels of technological achievement. This technology has been divided up into slices in this product where the first is the earliest form of space flight and the highest level is achieved by older and more powerful species. All races have their technologies split into several different subdivisions. The subdivisions are Base, Construction, Defenses (Active), Defenses (Energy Fields), Defenses (Passive), Drives, Fighters, Weapons (Ballistic), Weapons (Direct Fire), and Weapons (Energy Torpedoes). These categories are not chosen but already pre-determined depending upon the race or empire you use and in what time period you use them. Remember the average of all the technologies cannot be greater than the overall technology level.

All races/nations will be given a technological profile similar to the example in the box below.

Technology Chart Empire: Terran Republic
Base 4 Drives 0
Construction +1 Fighters +1
Defenses (Active) 0 Weapons (Energy Torpedoes) 0
Defenses (Energy Fields) -1 Weapons (Ballistic) +1
Defenses (Passive) 0 Weapons (Direct Fire) +1

Technology Examples
Tech Level 1
Chemical/Projectile Weapons
Missiles
Cargo Bays/Shuttle Bays
Turret Armor
Basic AF

Tech Level 2
Fusion Weapons
Spinal Mounts
Plasma Weapons
Torpedoes
Aegis Systems
Carrier Bays
Light Fighters

Tech Level 3
Laser Weapons
Linear Accelerators
Particle Weapons
Interceptors
Stealth Technology

Tech Level 4
Electro-Magnetic Weapons
Ion Weapons
Tachyon Weapons
Medium Fighters
Absorption Shields

The list actually will go from tech 1 to 12 with 10 being more like the Ancients from B5 and 3 more like Battlestar Galactica.
1. early Spaceflight
2. Battletech
3. Early B5
4. B5 - Enterprise
5. Star Trek TOS - Later Earth from B5
6. Centauri or Star Trek TMP or Star Wars
7. Mimbari or TNG or Star Wars aound Thrawn's time.
8. Robotech? Borg
9. Ancients or Species 8472
12. Super High (Max)

The technology level of a race gives a general indication of what type of equipment is available to the race, as well as how effective their sensors and other types of equipment can be. If a race has either a ‘+’ or ‘-’ in one of the three categories, that indicates that race is better or worse in that category. That category is treated as either one higher or one worse than the base line of the category for all purposes. Thus, a technology level 3 (TL3) race with +1 in the Defenses (Energy Fields) category would be treated as if it had a tech level of 4 for those systems.

In published products, the technology level benefits will already be factored into the ships, bases and fighters. However, when designing your own race and navy, the technology level will be important in your design decisions. This is discussed in detail in the Custom Design section of this book.

For reference purposes some examples of the various types of technology that become available are listed here for each technology level. Additional technologies will be added in future sourcebooks.

OK so I've got the game mostly done but enough that I now have several B5 ships done for the EA, Narn, Centauri, and Mimbari.

I've cut a small basic rules section out for an intro and for playtesting. This is free to all players and will always be so.

What I need is a place to upload and allow the files to be downloaded. Anybody willing to post them?

I'd do it but working 90+ hours a week kinda makes it hard to do. The oilfield business is crazy like that.

Just post here if you can or email me at paladin1@ix.netcom.com.

Are you by any chance a fan of 'Galactic Civilisations' (PC game), cos the ship design system looks kind of familliar (not a critism by the way as I rather like it ;))

Good game. I have both 1 and 2. I used to have imperium galactica and even played it a couple of time but micromanaging both surface and space fleets was kinda annoying to me. I also had Birth of the Federation. Good games but the new Empires at War is simple but also very good so I prefer that.

Aye got all of those and loved them. Also love Master of Orion 2 (3 was diabolically bad though).

Can I also hugely reccoment Sword of the Stars, its nice and simple in the same sense as Empire at War but with your own designable ships (basically its boils the game style down to its core, namely researching techs, designing ships and fighting enemy fleets to take over the galaxy :)) (theres a demo out there somewhere so you can try it out for yourself :)

Morpheus1975 said:
What I need is a place to upload and allow the files to be downloaded. Anybody willing to post them?
Create a website on brinkster, free and lots of good features :D

MOO 3 wasn't bad once you got the latest patch shame it took so long to get it. Most people were put of by then. Got SE 5 at moment haven't played it much. Civ 4 and Titan Quest is what play at moment.
Games sounds interesting probably something i'd like.

Back