Steely Gaze revisited

René

Banded Mongoose
One of my players had a good idea and I'd like to share it with you.

He's a Hyperborean soldier and thus cursed with low Charisma, but blessed with high intimidate. He was always longing for Steely Gaze, but reluctant to sacrifice ability increases for the otherwise useless (for him) Charisma score. He read in one of the supplements, Hyboria's Fiercest I think, about the option to use Intimidate with other abilities as Charisma, e.g. with Strength which he has enough.

So we houseruled Steely Gaze in the same way, but are still looking for a cool (=Hyborian) name. Can some of the native speakers here around please give us a suggestion? Threatening Mountain of Muscles? Well... :?

René said:
He read in one of the supplements, Hyboria's Fiercest I think, about the option to use Intimidate with other abilities as Charisma, e.g. with Strength which he has enough.
I saw this in H-Fiercest. You may use intimidate with different stats. I don't have the book at hand, but i think that they recomended that if you use it like that, you separate the Intimidate skill into 6 (foe each ability) skills.

arnon

Thanks for your suggestions! We'll do some direct democracy at the gaming table to determine the final name.

Back