Stats for Conan

Flecha

Mongoose
Hi everybody!

Finally, and as prophesized, I got the core rules today. Already reading it, and I find it quite impressive. I want to get every supplement, one by one. I'm "gamesmastering" a campaign right away, in the bossonian marches, by the time of "Beyond the Black River", when Conan works for the Aquilonians as a ranger hunting picts. So I'll get "Across Thunder River" next. The player characters are going to find Conan for sure, I have this feeling... :wink: So here's my question: where are the stats for Conan in the supplements? I know for sure that the stats as a king are in "The Road of Kings", but what about the rest?

Amra the Lion (Conan the Reaver); Pirate Isles, p69
Conan the Thief; RoK, p169
Conan the Usurper, King; Aquilonia, p75; RoK, p168

Best bet would probably be to take away the 1 level of Noble from him as King.

Mr. Vincent Darlage has previously released stats for Conan at various times in his life, but are in DnD 3.0 edition stat-format. These can be found at:

http://enworld.org/Inzeladun/conan.htm

With a little tinkering you can alter them to fit the CONAN RPG style stat block by altering AC to DV (dodge/parry) and DR, in addition to a few other things.

My pocket edition of the Core Rules has stats for Conan the Thief (p.381).

I am slowly acquiring the supplements, so I do not yet know if there are any other Conan stats.

urdinaran said:
Best bet would probably be to take away the 1 level of Noble from him as King.

Yes, considering what we have by now, that seems to be THE option. I'll do so, thanks a lot!

Is this what you are looking for?

Conan the Frontiersman
(Beyond the Black River, The Black Stranger)
Medium Humanoid (Cimmerian barbarian 13/thief 1/soldier 1/pirate 2)
Hit Dice: 8d10+2d8+50+18+2 (123 hit points)
Initiative: +18 (+5 Dex, +13 Ref)
Speed: 30 ft.
Dodge Defence: 25 (+10 level, +5 Dex)
Parry Defence: 22 (+5 level, +7 Str)
DR: 8 (+2 natural, +5 mail shirt, +1 helmet)
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +14/+21
Attack: Broadsword +21 melee
Full Attack: Broadsword +21/+16/+11 melee
Damage: Broadsword 1d10+7
Special Attacks: Ferocious attack, versatility (no penalty), crimson mist, sneak attack +1d6/+1d8, sneak attack style (broadsword), greater crimson mist, to sail a road of blood and slaughter
Special Qualities: Cimmerian traits, fearless, bite sword, trap sense +4, uncanny dodge, mobility, seamanship +1, trap disarming, improved uncanny dodge, improved mobility, damage reduction, pirate code (Barachan rockets and smoke)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Saves: Fort +17, Ref +18, Will +11 (+14 vs. Corruption)
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 21, Con 20, Int 19, Wis 18, Cha 19
Skills: Balance +10, Bluff +15, Climb +19, Craft (blacksmith) +6, Decipher Script +1, Gather Information +6, Hide +12, Intimidate +13, Jump +17, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (geography) +10, Listen +16, Move Silently +19, Perform (song) +6, Profession (sailor) +10, Ride +10, Search +7, Spot +18, Survival +14, Swim +12, Tumble +9
Feats: Brawl, Combat Expertise, Dabbler (counterspells), Diehard, Endurance, Fighting-Madness, Leadership, Mounted Combat, Navigation, Power Attack, Sleep Mastery, Striking Cobra, Track
Leadership: 21
Code of Honour: Barbaric
Allegiances: None
Possessions: Leather boots and breeks, dark mail hauberk, Æsir horned helmet, Aquilonian broadsword

Crichton said:
Did I mention I love you, Vincent? :D

Thank you. In order to create his statistics as Conan the King in Conan: Aquilonia - Flower of the West, I had to create him for each and every level, so I have all of his statistics.

While I find it interesting to have the stats for Conan and the other characters of the saga (they are the first things I look at in a new book), I'm wondering if they are used in the game by many people?

VincentDarlage said:
In order to create his statistics as Conan the King in Conan: Aquilonia - Flower of the West, I had to create him for each and every level, so I have all of his statistics.

In fact, I was thinking this morning (I usually think too much for my own good) that the writers of a franchise rpg with levels (d20/OGL the most clear example) should generate stats of main characters, level by level. So you should have stats for Conan at lvl 1, and at lvl 2, and at lvl 3... you never know when you will need them, and then you wouldn't incurr in mistakes that the most geeky muchkins would find out and show you at lightspeed (no kidding!).

René said:
While I find it interesting to have the stats for Conan and the other characters of the saga (they are the first things I look at in a new book), I'm wondering if they are used in the game by many people?

As a GM, when I'm playing a franchise rpg, the popular characters show up 2 of every 3 adventures. Where is the fun if the players don't get involved with the heroes of their favorites stories? Of course, you must never let those famous characters to "save the day" for the players, or all the fun is gone.

In my inminent campaign, the player characters live in the Westermarck as settlers, and learn to fight against picts. They meet Conan, of course; after the fall of Conahojara (and that's something really worth to play), they'll act as agents for his rebellion, and as a king, they will work for him as "gosthbusters", chasing down monsters and such to keep the realm paranormally clean.

I'm going to enjoy the ride... :twisted:

Back