State of the Mongoose 2011

I am very happy to see that Mongoose is publishing Traveller and all the books they have published this far: In my first week, I bought 10 books, and I will spend Christmas reading through them.

I just hope to see more new products and less reprints of old GDW/DGP stuff.

Sorry, I'm voting for Victory at Sea as well. The Cars thing sounds like it could make a good one shot board game (would it be a bit like Dark Future?) but VAS 2.0 is going to go dambusters in comparison.

msprange said:
Lincolnlog said:
Victory at Sea 2.0 has a strong vote from me. Will you accept or be open to any suggestions for rules revisions? Optional rules?

It is already mostly written :) However, we have been combing the forum for comments players have made over the years.

All I got to say is if, you used ideas out of the forum and somethings Ive seen show up in discussion the new rules they will be great.
Ray :D :D :D

I like the sound of the skimmer/futuristic car game. As someone's already commented, this would work well as a board game - perhaps with the removable engine upgrades, weapons, etc. that Matthew mentioned all included. Supplements to cover new racing arenas/areas, more vehicles and so forth could be released later. Running a season of something like this, where drivers learn new skills and tricks, collect prize-money to repair and upgrade their rides and so forth, would definitely appeal to me.

I would also like to have seen something done with Aliens vs Predator license - though I realise the severing of ties with Rebellion may have nuked this possibility. Again, a boardgame with marines/predators/aliens would be a lot of fun. A mixture of Space Hulk-esque tunnels and forested areas would be ace. The miniatures designers would have a lot of fun with these models.

AlphaStrike said:
I would also like to have seen something done with Aliens vs Predator license - though I realise the severing of ties with Rebellion may have nuked this possibility. Again, a boardgame with marines/predators/aliens would be a lot of fun. A mixture of Space Hulk-esque tunnels and forested areas would be ace. The miniatures designers would have a lot of fun with these models.

I don't think ties where really severed, just a parting of ways.

I can't tell you how excited I am at the Solomani sourcebook for Traveller. I have been waiting for this one since Mongoose got the Traveller license. Any idea when it might be out next year?

Cheers

Hm - i had high hopes for a new Lone Wolf Multiplayer Adventure, maybe even on Magnakai ranks. Any possibilities for that in 2012?

Not a Big Poster here (obviously), but I really enjoyed State of the Mongoose.
I'm a huge Traveller fan, so the update was welcome. I'm very excited about the plans for 2300 AD, which is a GREAT gaming universe, but the GDW rules were way to complex & fidgety. So that will be a welcome line indeed. Also very excited about... Traveller Star Trek!! Are you kidding me!!! Never saw that coming.
Things I'd like to see: I feel the Sector maps kinda dropped... eh, off the map. You need a map for the Reft sector to accompany the existing book, and one to go with the upcoming Deneb sector book. I'd also like to see some 28-30mm Traveller minis; NOT generic adventurer-types (don't need any o' those!), but rather for the visually-specific types like Vargr, Aslan, Droyne, Zhodani soldiers and so on.
Thanks for the notes!

Imperator58 said:
Things I'd like to see: I feel the Sector maps kinda dropped... eh, off the map. You need a map for the Reft sector to accompany the existing book, and one to go with the upcoming Deneb sector book.

A Reft Sector poster map was at least on the agenda at one point in time...

I'd like to see poster maps for Reft and Deneb sectors; and for the PDF versions of all of the maps to offer a print option for a starmap with white background and black text (with all other colour stuff in colour) so I can print out the maps as and when for use as handouts without bankrupting myself buying printer ink.

28mm metal or plastic minis for Traveller would also be great - crewmen/women, civvies, armed types, pirates, vacc suited figures, battle dressed marines, soldiers, Zhodani, Vargr, Aslan, Droyne - as mentioned above these are really needed and I suspect there is a reasonable market for them.

Back