Starship Troopers Open Day @ Milton Keynes 21st October

Reborn

Mongoose
On the 21st of October there will be a Starship Troopers and A Call to Arms demo games running all day at Wargames Workshop in Cranfield, near Milton Keynes. I myself will likely be running A Call to Arms, while my amigo Low-Roller 1-1 (thanks man!!) will be running Starship Troopers.

Come and have some fun if you can!

More news! They have 9 8'x4' tables in store, so we will be able to have demo games running simultaneously to casual games. Bring a 2000 point force and we'll fix you up with an opponent (hopefully).

Not a bad day, unfortunately, I got there when everyone began to funnel out. I played 2 games of SST, one using skinnies vs bugs another bugs vs skinnies. I won the first one by killing his whole force, and the other by the shop owner wanting to close and I had the most points left.

I think every one had a great day we had a few laughs on the SST table.

Oute of the day - "It still only counts as one" after one of a team of three took down the bugs tanker :lol:

Thanks to everyone who played SST - I hope you had as much fun as I did :D

Wrong forums, Greg. There's a sticky in the ACTA forum too. And watchiiiit. I was demoing to someone else at the time. In fact possibly four people.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, I certainly did, check back in the New Year for another open day.

I must say it was a great day.
Many many thanks to Low-Roller for the first class demo games of Starship Troopers. Which the four of us who wents up.thoroughy enjoyed. I think starship trooper will now be picked up by my local club.
The expaination from low-roller on the planned evolution games has helped as well.
A fun day all round
Thanks also to wargamesworkshop for hosting the event.

DoubleOne said:
I must say it was a great day.
Many many thanks to Low-Roller for the first class demo games of Starship Troopers. Which the four of us who wents up.thoroughy enjoyed. I think starship trooper will now be picked up by my local club.
The expaination from low-roller on the planned evolution games has helped as well.
A fun day all round
Thanks also to wargamesworkshop for hosting the event.

Cheers Doubleone, glad you had fun and are your club will pick it up.
Hope to see you guys in the tournies next year :)

That fiver I payed you for the good write-up has worked :lol:

Back