Starship Troopers Memorial

Changed what I put.
I'm going to miss a lot of things about the way SST was, but when all is said and done, it was my hobby.
I can alter that easily enough, but peoples jobs are being affected. So good luck and I hope everything gets better.

SST was ground breaking, GOMC-1 superb.

Well, this is sad news... Life was just starting to get back to normal, and i'vew just started gaming again, and SST is gone.. Can't see I didn't see it on the horizon at some point, but everyone tried their best I know..

It's been fun guys!

I got into SST something about one and a half year ago (after trying to get a basic box set for half a year). I had lot of fun and liked this forum especially the battle report which got lost during the cleanup of the SST forums.
I don't see a reason to say Goodbye to SST. It will be Open Content, there are good proxy models (i.e. HaloClix figures as MI) and we are working on something really big for it.

Well I'm a bit late to this party;

I got into SST when I heard about it being made; I registered here while the original preview pics for the warrior bug and cap trooper were still being 'awaited'

Now comes 3 years later and well... its been fun... alot of fun! I loved the game and still play each week. Frankly its what kept me into miniatures, because I just never did like the cost or concepts of WH40K... and fantasy is well... fantasy.

SST is dead and I hope it rests easy; I'll continue to do stuff; getting ready for a big one on SICON command... but I'm done with MGP as a forum, I await the new rule set; but I don't have allot of optimism left for a system they don't feel worthy of a subsectioned forum.

Sigh...

SST bought the farm on our last drop...

Gauntlet- said:
Now comes 3 years later and well... its been fun... alot of fun! I loved the game and still play each week.

Eventually interested in something new?
We have a fifty page Bug Army List and several other things (revised MI Lists incl. Stryker Platoon, Colonial Forces, Mercenaries, new Skinnies) that need/will need playtesting... ;)

Well if it wasnt for SST i would of never known of Mongoose !!!!

i was so looking forward to the Forth as well especialy the prepainted stuff big time.

so long and thanks for all the fish :D

Interesting read...

Well, got into SST as soon as LAMIs were released - always had a weak spot for light infantry doing the impossible, and I still consider Klendathu Invasion as the best campaign book I've had opportunity to buy :D
Now? Well... I'll tell You all this: am one of those people still playing w40k 2nd ed. 15 years after it ceased to exist. So, quite unsurprisingly, as long as there's anyone willing to play, I'll also be playing SST. Who knows, maybe I'll even live long enough to finally see the SkyHooks released? :D

My 2/7 Cav troopers will soldier on, knowing that every day is another opportunity to hold back the arachnid hordes.

And reinforcements have never been easier - or cheaper! - to find. I picked up a brand new basic game boxed set for $7.00.

SST will remain a staple in my area and we'll ensure its a fixture of the local convention scene for years to come.

They're doing their part...are you?

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea

Leave the men where they lay
They'll never see another day
Lost my soul, lost my dream

I feel the black reaching out
I hear its song without a doubt
I still hear and I still see
That you can't take the sky from me.

Lost my love, lost my land
Lost the last place I could stand
There's no place I can be
Since I've found Serenity

And you can't take the sky from me.

I started demoing for MGP with Mighty Armies and GOMC-1. Waiting for SST to come out. Once it came out there was no turning back. I demoed it and ACTA as much as my work schedule would allow. Unfortunately there are few players in my area so most of my stuff sits. I have been collecting them and bringing them to Origins and Gencon as often as I can, in case someone wants to play or needs to borrow a fig for a tournament.

With BF:E I had hope of gathering a group of players, that might flow into SST. When the prepaints fell through, so did my hope of a player base.

I guess once Bubba Hotep and I go to the old folks home, we can play SST and ACTA till they bury us with our figures. Man that's going to be a huge casket for me. :)

Still working on that night light plasma bug. Had a little difficulty with the special effects department so I've fired them and am doing my own design. :)

James / Nezeray

This is the first time I've been logged on to the MGP forums in nearly a year. Tomorrow - the Ides of March - will be the first game of SST I've played in 13 months! The game is great. The models are great. And by all the evidences posted here (fantastic pix everyone!), it's obvious to me that the players and fans are great too.

I just wanted to drop by for a quick "hi" and to let you know that even though Mongoose has killed the game... there's still life in Central Ohio... admittedly behind all the other games now taking up our time and paychecks.

Live Forever Apes! Long Live the Arachnid Empire!!

I came onto the scene shortly after Mongoose released the game back in 2005. Being a big fan of the book, cgi series and movies I pounced on the chance to get my grubby mits on some of the Federation's finest, and some bugs to boot.

I've shared many a good laughs with the other forum regulars and enjoyed looking at all their various creations while the painting line of my own creations quened up far too much :shock: . Starship Troopers will carry on, and I will continue to build ammo dumps, civvies, and various forms of armour in the spirit of the Federation. In fact with Hasslefree having made weapon sprues looking similar to movie style moritas I'll be making a few scratch-built guys :) .

Oh and Buships, you gotta tell me where you found those alien eggs!!!!!1111oneone :D

Back