Starship Troopers 3 News

Doghouse said:
Just watched the trailer, so the question is...is that a Marauder seen in the trailer and what the heck is that big thing that looks like something out of war of the worlds??? :shock:

Wow. That looks. Wow. Terrible. Wow. If that IS the Marauder, it is probably the worst designed power armor I've ever, EVER seen. Barf. Just, wow. Terrible.

Ooo...okay, Dibs on this stuff guys:

- Gaint bug with curled over tail... I'll name it a Scorpion (and of course I'll make rules for it for V1 and WotS). It's got a ranged attack similar to an energy discharge.

- The New Moritas... I think I made rules for those...

- I'll make some rules up for the small bug that acts like a grenade...

What else... umm... oh, as for the whole 'not having budget for x' not being cannon... Remember the CHAS and the reports that they're not cost effective?

I squinted at that trailer, looking for a Marauder. It took me 3 times before I spotted what might be the Marauder armor you're talking about. There's a brief shot with flames in the foreground obscuring some sort of hatch w/windows closing in the background. Assuming it's the Marauder armor, it's *really* hard to tell if it sucks or if it's awesome. If there's a better shot I missed, let me know.

I never saw the 2nd movie, but this one seems more in-line with the original movie; i.e. big bug battles. I doubt it'll be a sci-fi classic, but I'll rent it!

Hiromoon said:
Remember the CHAS and the reports that they're not cost effective?

If your money is better spent elsewhere, you spend it elsewhere. How many PAMI can you field with the same amount of resources as a CHAS? How many LAMI? How many CHAS cows? :p

You're just not trying hard enough LT:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/starship-troopers-3-marauder-movie-trailer.php

At 0:37 you see the bug I've termed Scorpion... at 0:35 you see it's ranged attack.

Hiromoon said:
You're just not trying hard enough LT:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/starship-troopers-3-marauder-movie-trailer.php

At 0:37 you see the bug I've termed Scorpion... at 0:35 you see it's ranged attack.

I've been 'busy' setting something else up . . . .

Hiromoon said:
It's semi-officially being called a "Bombadier". There are supposedly two other new bugs in the movie, but I didn't see any references to them in the preview.

If you pause the trailer at 1:40 you can definitely see a humanoid robotic shape in the flames. It looks a lot like an elemental from Battletech.

This is what I got. I'd rather have the exosuits :wink:.

Marauder.jpg

The movie was done on only a $20M budget. It shows I think. The good news is that it makes the fan films look rather better that they once did, lol. The line is blurring as to who the 'professionals' really are perhaps. :roll:

BuShips said:
This is what I got. I'd rather have the exosuits :wink:.

Marauder.jpg

The movie was done on only a $20M budget. It shows I think. The good news is that it makes the fan films look rather better that they once did, lol. The line is blurring as to who the 'professionals' really are perhaps. :roll:

Well, if anyone fancies a Model of one. I reckon this Rezolution Stomper should be easily convertable, its a similar shape at least!

http://www.thoughthammer.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/./ABG_2007.jpg&w=350&h=330&page=popup

:roll:

Well LT, it will be interesting to see how the bottom of the chassis looks. Did anyone else see the nameplate of "RICO" on the Marauder btw? :wink:

Was just going to comment on that one myself!

Am wondering how this film will be integrated into the whole troopers universe esp. re: what has been put out by mongoose...

Chrisy: That's an easy one. They will ignore anything and everything. It will only have some very loose ties to the first movie (props, an actor or 2, stuff like that). The script will be on the level of "No John, you are the demons."
How do I know that? Because it's ALWAYS like that.

PS: If you don't know what the quote meant:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/836450/1/DOOM_Repercussions_of_Evil

Sight said:
Chrisy: That's an easy one. They will ignore anything and everything. It will only have some very loose ties to the first movie (props, an actor or 2, stuff like that). The script will be on the level of "No John, you are the demons."
How do I know that? Because it's ALWAYS like that.

PS: If you don't know what the quote meant:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/836450/1/DOOM_Repercussions_of_Evil

Yes, but the real demons are not learning spelling and grammar (not that I am without sin there sometimes) :wink:. That was just atrocious.

Yes Chrisy, Hollywood is very good at that angle. :lol:

Thankfully, we have Buships to force into a writing position! *whipcracks* Re-write that script!

;)

Anyway, the task of bring the Third Movie (either in part or in whole) into the MGP SST Universe shouldn't be that hard. Depending on the state and over-all look of the Power Armor, we can tuck it safely under SICON's special needs forces, and lable it Medium Armor trooper upgrades.

Back