Starship rate of fire question

Picaboo

Mongoose
As I understand it, each weapon on a vehicle can fire once a round, correct? :?:
And what's more, each weapon is controlled by a single officer. So, if we have...let's say...an Omega destroyer with an expert crew. The crew has a base attack bonus of +6/+1 (perhaps higher, I don't really remember).
Does this mean that the Omega can fire twice a round with each of its weapons? :?: :?:
That's how I would have interpreted it but it means 4 heavy laser hits, 4 pulse cannon hits and 24 particle beam hits for an enemy in its direct front. Ouch! :shock:
Am I missing something here or what? :?

Does this mean that the Omega can fire twice a round with each of its weapons?

No, each weapon may fire once per round.

It may be nterpreted that way and you can play it that way if you want, but detailing every crew member aboard these ships will be up to you.

Bob

Lets not forget about the Rapid Fire option on some weapons. That gives the ship 3 attacks with that weapon. IE:
EA Nova Dreadnought
Broadside Attack (Right)
15 attacks from the Pulse Arrays
12 more possible from MK I Interceptors

We play it that you always take 1 point of damage from a hit, regardless of DR. So, add a squad of 6 Starfuries to the attack and . . .
Yup thats right 48 attacks more.

So in doing some math,
One Dreadnought, and 6 Starfuries could dish out - 75 points minimum a round. Total time to disable and Distroy another Dreadnought less than 30 seconds. Course Kick the recieving ship up to a Sharlin, and its a whole 'nother story. . .

Psyjack

How do "twin"and "Tri" weapons work?

Is the damage listed for all weapons, do they fire separately, or do you multiply the damage as one combined shot?

Confused as usual?

Sidney

Mongoose Bob said:
It may be nterpreted that way and you can play it that way if you want, but detailing every crew member aboard these ships will be up to you.
As you need to detail the crews BaB anyway i'm not sure what your point is here.
Indeed in the Veteran and elite crew stats it even gives what there second and third attacks are.

But these extra attacks are only interesting, if the crewmember controls an Interceptor. Because with an interceptor in "intercept mode" you can intercept as many attacks, as you attacks have.

For example a crewman with a +6/+1 attack can intercept two attacks, directed at his ship.

But every other weapon can only shoot once in a 6 second round.
(Or three times if it has a rapid shoot mode.)

Back