Stars Without Number

torus

Banded Mongoose
Good to see this getting some well-deserved wider distribution. I use it as support material for Traveller.

After the business with the Legend cover, I'll say nothing about the cover for this. (I understand it was the author's choice anyway.)

But why a hardback? I don't think I want to drop £30 for this, but would have considered maybe £20 for a softbound version.. which I actually prefer anyway. Is there any chance of releasing in this format in the future?

(Actually I almost never want a hardback to be honest; they are more expensive and take up more shelf space.. I buy these books as game rules, not for the coffee table..)

Just to be perverse, perhaps, but I always prefer books in hardback. I find that more than any other tome, RPG books take a battering as they are passed around the table and frequently rifled through.

Offering two formats for a book is the best option then, so as to keep 'everyone' happy - I just wonder if production costs are prohibitive.

Hi! First I want to thank you about publishing this good RPG. 8)

I was expecting a good SF game for years and this book seems to fit perfectly for me :wink:

Well I already have the free pdf version of the book and, before buying your version, I wonder what are the difference between the book and the original version :?:

I expect that you includes more original pictures in the new version: the original material isn't very sexy (few pictures for exemple. :roll: .)

dr dandy said:
Hi! First I want to thank you about publishing this good RPG. 8)

I was expecting a good SF game for years and this book seems to fit perfectly for me :wink:

Well I already have the free pdf version of the book and, before buying your version, I wonder what are the difference between the book and the original version :?:

I expect that you includes more original pictures in the new version: the original material isn't very sexy (few pictures for exemple. :roll: .)

As far as I'm aware the difference is 40 new pages of content on robots and world generation. Not sure if that includes new art. But to be honest if the new cover is anything to go by, I hope the new art is kept to a minimum.. I'd certainly like to have the new material but not for the price asked.

Well, some products for RPG in general may be a bit pricey. But for me its a price im prepared to pay to keep our comparably small hobbie alive. :p

torus said:
But why a hardback?

I picked it up a few days ago and I think its well worth the money I paid for it, even if I never play it (which would be a shame). The size of the book just feels good in hardback. When I bought it, I sat down at one of the game tables in the store and just read it for a while. I kind of felt the way I felt when I got a new AD&D book back in the 80s.

Back