SST Markosia comic

MaxSteiner

Mongoose
Well, prompted by the announcement of a new writer for the SST comic I decided to look at a couple of back issues and Im really impressed!
Really nice to see Mongoose designed mecha fighting the bugs, liking the story, and loving the carnage!

Why doesnt Mongoose publicise this more than they do? I know they might not make any money out of it, but it all helps raise the profile of the game, and even provides a venue to advertise if it contiues at the pace its set. Even if they just made the issues available of the website they'd do well.
Even better they could use their new printing facilities to bring out graphic novels or something (Like that Alamo one).
At the very least reprinting a couple of pages from the comics (Or comissioning a one shot issue to include with the first couple of releases) is a better form of fluff than say, two pages detailing what kinda markings a skymarshal would wear.

Didn't Mongoose put out the Alamo graphic novel though?
It's fairly common for the UK release of US comics to be handled by a seperate concern I thought.

That was before they had the deal with Markosia, Markosia then also pubished a colour version of the ALamo GN, Mongoose's was B&W.

People who know me will not be surprised to learn that I own both versions :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
That was before they had the deal with Markosia, Markosia then also pubished a colour version of the ALamo GN, Mongoose's was B&W.

People who know me will not be surprised to learn that I own both versions :lol:

LBH

LBH, with all of the unpainted miniatures that I hear that you own, it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would own an "unpainted" graphic novel. :wink:

Hi.

For those who have been following the Markosia Troopers comics, the first issue of my run on the series has just hit the shelves! Here's the official blurb:

Starship Troopers returns in an explosion of Sex, Bugs and Rock ‘n Roll! An elite Pathfinder platoon storms the Arachnid-infested jungles of Farsteldt, where a savage ambush catapults them into a knife-edge First Contact situation. The Bug War just gained an unpredictable new player! Spectacular new story arc with newcomers Cy Dethan and Paul Green creating a stunning new look to the much-loved Troopers Universe!

STARSHIP TROOPERS #5: Bad Blood (Part 1 of 4)

Cy Dethan (writer)
Paul Green (art)
Published by AAM/Markosia
Full Color
28 PP
Ongoing Monthly series
$3.50 / £2.00
COVER A: Paul GREEN
COVER B: Paul GREEN (1:10 RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER)

That's it, I can die happy now. :)

There are some previews on my blog at http://www.raggedman.com, and a couple of galleries at http://www.comicspace.com/cy. Also, you can see what former Troopers writer Tony Lee has to say about it here.

Cheers,

Cy.

So you ARE that guy... you lied to me you bastard! :D

I look forward to buying it (it'll go great with the other SST comics I have).

BuShips said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

LBH, with all of the unpainted miniatures that I hear that you own, it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would own an "unpainted" graphic novel. :wink:
:lol:

Paladin said:
BuShips said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

:lol:

Thanks for that, but you know something? When it takes over seven months to get a laugh, that tells me I need to keep my day job. :lol:

For Cy: I'll be making sure to requisition myself copies of your new series, to be sure! :D

Thanks, guys.

To be honest, I'm still having a hard time believing how it all worked out. Writing comics is all I've really wanted to do since I was a kid, and to be able to write within the "world" of Starship Troopers is an incredible experience.

Hope you enjoy the book! :)

:D

Keep up the good work, okay Cy?

1190572733_9YuNQECmzA.jpg

Amazing what you find around the interenet....

I got a copy, 2 of my FLCS have it on standing order for me, though only one managed to get it in, it is brilliant. Looking forward to the next part.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I got a copy, 2 of my FLCS have it on standing order for me, though only one managed to get it in, it is brilliant. Looking forward to the next part.

LBH

Cheers for that! Glad you liked it. :D

lt.harper said:
Ok, i havent read the comic yet, but i can gess from the tered cover that it will show the forth. Right?

Sorry, no Forth just yet - although I'm itching do something with them once they've been brought into official continuity (if Mongoose approves). I get to do First Contact with the Skinnies, though. :)

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
Love that first cover. Pathfinder babe meets Spider Bug. Nice! :D

I honestly think Paul Green's artwork is just phenomenal. He's really made my characters live.

Cheers,

Cy.

Wow, awesome... I may actually buy a comic book again... its been about 7 years or more! I think the last thing I bought was the original Dark Horse Alien Vs Predator Graphic Novel...

Looks great...!

Back