SST:EVO Horde rule and Nukes (again!)

Iain McGhee

Mongoose
Warrior swarms need one bug from each unit joining the horde to be within 1" of one bug from another unit joining the horde, but what about the others in the swarms joining up ?

Do they have to stay in PBR as in SST:TMG or within 6" of one of the "link" bugs or what ? As read, it would seem that as long as a bug from each swarm was within 1" of each other the others could be scattered anywhere you liked. Which surely can't be right.

The LAMI and PAMI nukes have different stats. The PAMI one ignores armour and the LAMI one treats hits that make the target score as kills. Which one is correct ? Or are they intended to have both effects ?

1:
I imagine that bug swarms are intended to have standard unit coherency, but at the beginning of each turn a leader for each unit is chosen. When a unit 'hordes up', it creates one large unit with 1 leader, again, they must be in unit coherency.

2:
I guess they are meant to have different effects. This shows their differences in the film and in the series.

That was my first thoughts on hordes too, just isn't very clear on the card.

I'd have thought that the Pee-Wee would have the same stats for both, it is after all the same warhead. Only difference, if any, would be the missile casing. Suppose I'll just pick one and stick with it (LAMI version looks most likely).

Thanks all the same.

Iain McGhee said:
I'd have thought that the Pee-Wee would have the same stats for both, it is after all the same warhead. Only difference, if any, would be the missile casing. Suppose I'll just pick one and stick with it (LAMI version looks most likely).

There's also the difference in training, although usually that would make PAMI more effective than LAMI. I guess they got one part of the training program down better than others? :)

I agree, they are probably supposed to be the same. Now we've seen three versions though: old LAMI (Multihit?), new LAMI (Killshot) and new PAMI (Piercing/5). So which to choose? I like Killshot, myself, but I don't have a valid reason for choosing it.

IT'S A NUKE.....
Everyone dies :lol:

There should be no diference in any case ....
unless they have diferent yields or fission/fussion percentages.

Back