SST Club at Brookhurst Hobbies

KJ said:
Once again, thanks for the games, Sarge! Fun stuff!

BTW, anyone local to Brookhurst Hobbies might want to stop by the shop in the near future - they're selling off their existing SST stock at 50% off right now. We didn't pick them clean this evening, so there are still a few choice pieces available (including a rippler mega-swarm box...).

Not any more... :twisted:

Seriously, is this league thing on or not? Cuz I would show up tomorrow for a game, if I knew there would be players.

Going by what the store guy says, it's pretty off and on.

Can we get some kinda roll call here?

Sound off you apes! :D

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

chris_valera said:
KJ said:
Once again, thanks for the games, Sarge! Fun stuff!

BTW, anyone local to Brookhurst Hobbies might want to stop by the shop in the near future - they're selling off their existing SST stock at 50% off right now. We didn't pick them clean this evening, so there are still a few choice pieces available (including a rippler mega-swarm box...).

Not any more... :twisted:

Seriously, is this league thing on or not? Cuz I would show up tomorrow for a game, if I knew there would be players.

Going by what the store guy says, it's pretty off and on.

Can we get some kinda roll call here?

Sound off you apes! :D

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Sarge, sounding off!

I'm afraid the league is off because of LtJason's other commitments. However I would be all for a more informal SST club that meets a couple of times a month. KJ mentioned getting together on the 29th which works for me.

Sgt. Brassones said:
I'm afraid the league is off because of LtJason's other commitments. However I would be all for a more informal SST club that meets a couple of times a month. KJ mentioned getting together on the 29th which works for me.

Yeah, I heard he's got work. Can't fault him for that, ya needs da money to pays da bills, not buy dorky toy soldiers.

I'll probably be there tomorrow, and the 29th sounds good.

Can we just agree to get off our ass and show up on Fridays? Izzat too damn difficult? Does everyone have commitments or is Friday do-able?

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

chris_valera said:
Can we just agree to get off our ass and show up on Fridays? Izzat too damn difficult? Does everyone have commitments or is Friday do-able?

Speaking for myself, I have a fairly erratic work schedule (self-employed), so committing to every Friday is not possible in the forseeable future.

As to tonight's get-together, I might not be able to make it due to a sports injury (fractured rib) combined with a sinus infection. Coughing really sucks right now. :x You'll see me if you see me.....

KJ said:
chris_valera said:

Speaking for myself, I have a fairly erratic work schedule (self-employed), so committing to every Friday is not possible in the forseeable future.

As to tonight's get-together, I might not be able to make it due to a sports injury (fractured rib) combined with a sinus infection. Coughing really sucks right now. :x You'll see me if you see me.....

I fully understand, and you have my sympathies.

Me, however, I'm out the door right now, with a couple boxes fulla bugs, ready to kick some ass. :D

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

chris_valera said:
Me, however, I'm out the door right now, with a couple boxes fulla bugs, ready to kick some ass. :D

... and I'm back.

And there was no-one there.

Seriously, I was there for two hours. :evil:

Can we just start a roll call of people who want to make it, and just go from there? Sound off you apes!

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Methinks you might have been there a tad early - we've been starting around 7pm or so (I drive in from Riverside, so that's about the earliest I can be there). Sarge gets there around the same time, maybe a little earlier. :oops:

KJ said:
Methinks you might have been there a tad early - we've been starting around 7pm or so (I drive in from Riverside, so that's about the earliest I can be there). Sarge gets there around the same time, maybe a little earlier. :oops:

Sigh... Alright fine, seven it is. When's the next time we're doing this?

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

I'm afraid this club is done. Me, I'm getting into Victory at Sea and Flames of War more and more. As much as I love SST, BF:Evo is looking more and more good as I don't look foward to painting more minis. Lord help me I have thousands to do already. I will continue to play with a few friends and someday hope to finish painting my Skinnies. Hell, I just bought a Skinnie Heavy Skimmer. I have to paint that!

KJ: If you ever wan't to get together on a weekend to play Fed:Com let me know. My Klingons are ready!

John, out.

Sgt. Brassones said:
I'm afraid this club is done.

Fucking hell. I check this thread cuz it's stickied every time I check in, and this is the first thing I see once I see it's been updated... :evil:

Oh well, there are always cons...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

I'm still up for playing - just have a lot going on work-wise right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a few games of something (SST, FedCom, FoW) before the BFE version of SST is out. :shock:

KJ said:
I'm still up for playing - just have a lot going on work-wise right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a few games of something (SST, FedCom, FoW) before the BFE version of SST is out. :shock:

Wow, I was shocked to see this thread was back. I'll be at Brookhurst at 7:00PM to buy some magnetic bases iff'n anyone wants a game.

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

... and I'm back. Whoever said people meet at 7PM was full of crap, the place was closed at 7. Sigh...

I'll be there again tomorrow around 4 or 5, on the off chance anyone cares...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

chris_valera said:
... and I'm back. Whoever said people meet at 7PM was full of crap, the place was closed at 7. Sigh...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Ummm yeah. They only stay open late on fridays. I haven't been there since maybe October. :oops: Been playing Warmachine and Mordheim at the Warhouse in Long Beach. We'll start playing BF:Evo next week if you're interested, we still need a PLA player.

Sgt. Brassones said:
chris_valera said:

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Ummm yeah. They only stay open late on fridays. I haven't been there since maybe October. :oops: Been playing Warmachine and Mordheim at the Warhouse in Long Beach. We'll start playing BF:Evo next week if you're interested, we still need a PLA player.

I'm so down, but I don't have any figures, and I'm not sure I wanna start a whole new system, although I have gotten into 1890's to 1920's historicals. Can I bum some figs until I get my own?

Heading out to Brookhurst in an hour or two...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Hey, I'm still around.

I'm still looking to play too. I'll be at The Warhouse tomorrow (Sat, Feb 24) and I'll be bringing my SST stuff along with my BFE. I've also got other games like the Warrior Knights boardgame, and AT-43.

Maybe we should make a new topic called Southern California Gamers so we can cover a lot more people.

Back