SST Club at Brookhurst Hobbies

The 8th works for me. Maybe we can get a bigger table next time and play with some larger (1500-2k) forces. :wink:

Ya that would be no prob, as long as you guys bring some of those bugs for me to borrow again. However, I should have a few more of my own by next time because i will be going to the Gateway convention and looking for some deals there.

Well, considering the news in the Big Announcment, I won't be playing SST anymore. I'm going to sell my stuff at Gateway and going back to 40K. Dammit! I loved this game until today. I feel like someone just killed my dog.

OK, now that I've a day to cool my jets and think about it I'd like to apologise for the above rant. I'm not giving up on SST and will continue to play. Besides I have at least eight months worth of models to paint and I really want our little SST club to work. You can count on my continued support guys.

Sgt. Brassones said:
...I really want our little SST club to work. You can count on my continued support guys.

So, even though I won't have the time to run a league, I've edited the title of this thread so that you guys can continue to post to it to play SST at Brookhurst.

I won't be able to show up this weekend, but I will try to start coming if people will be around to play SST with. I have yet to decide if I'm going to stay in the gamer after Matt's annoucement as I'm a die hard when it comes to assembling and painting my own figures and I was really looking forward to building my own drop boats and TAC fighters. :(

I just see as problem is that the only "new" players will we get are those who already play the game rather than completely new people getting into it. I guess we'll just see how things pan out and if the motivation is still there.

I don't care, I just wanna play. After I get to see some more pre-paints I'll decide on my long term comittment to SST. Until then we have models to paint and games to play.

Yo, what's the word on this? I was just there a week ago and there was no word. Is this on, or not?

Make me feel better about my decision to buy three tankers and three plasma bugs...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

We're getting together (informally) on Friday, Sept. 8th at Brookhurst. While we haven't talked about resurrecting the league idea, we have talked about playing regularly, twice per month or thereabouts.

You should feel GREAT about so many big bugs. Heck, I feel great about it - more nuke targets. :twisted: :D

chris_valera said:
Yo, what's the word on this? I was just there a week ago and there was no word. Is this on, or not?

Make me feel better about my decision to buy three tankers and three plasma bugs...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Yep, Friday the 8th at 7:00pm. I'm bringing everything I have in case someone needs something to complete their army. Not sure if I'll play Skinnies again or Exos. I'm thinking 1500pts. What do you guys think?

Sgt. Brassones said:
chris_valera said:

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Yep, Friday the 8th at 7:00pm. I'm bringing everything I have in case someone needs something to complete their army. Not sure if I'll play Skinnies again or Exos. I'm thinking 1500pts. What do you guys think?

So this isn't the starter league? I was planning to head back out there si I can bring some stuff, unpainted though...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

chris_valera said:
So this isn't the starter league? I was planning to head back out there si I can bring some stuff, unpainted though...

No plans for an organized starter league as of right now. Bring whatever you have, painted or not - we can play games of whatever size you'd like (500 points up to at least 5000, providing there's adequate table space).

Sarge, why don't you bring your exos? I'd like to see how they perform.

I'm putting together my final Exo's right now and painting my TAC UAV. I'm going to buy two CHAS's today and then I'll be able to field a 4000 pt. Exo army.

Once again, thanks for the games, Sarge! Fun stuff!

BTW, anyone local to Brookhurst Hobbies might want to stop by the shop in the near future - they're selling off their existing SST stock at 50% off right now. We didn't pick them clean this evening, so there are still a few choice pieces available (including a rippler mega-swarm box...).

Anyone know if they're testing the new evolution rules there? I'd like to see what direction they're taking the rules before I even think about getting new models.

KJ: Thanks, I had a great time as well. I think a doubled the size of my Cap Trooper Platoon with the 1/2 off sale. :D

Turtle: we're nobodys. We won't be seeing the Evo rules until you do. Although KJ did say he had playtesting credits in the main SST rulebook... :wink:

Nahhh, no p/t for me this go-round (I get enough of that at the gym....grin....).

Anyone up for some games on the 29th? LAWwaldo? Sarge? Turtle? Bueller? Ahm a-lookin' to fry up some o' them ay-leee-unz fer supper, wit some grits onna side... :lol:

Anyone know if they're testing the new evolution rules there? I'd like to see what direction they're taking the rules before I even think about getting new models.

If you can catch a flight to New England for the 7th Oct, you can play the new rules at Danger Planet in Waltham :)

Failing that, I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about on the forum once we're done for the day...

Back