Solar Pulse Generator

That's an interesting issue.

How does that effect other features that partially or thoroughly cover the hull, like solar coatings or distributed arrays?

That's an interesting issue.

How does that effect other features that partially or thoroughly cover the hull, like solar coatings or distributed arrays?
If the ship has solar coatings, that is incompatible with other kinds of hull mods, including stealth. So I guess solar pulse generator tech is also incompatible with solar coatings.

On reflection, I think you also have to harden your onboard systems.

Theoretically, you probably have to do so even if directed at that assumed energy level, and this doesn't seem directed.

On reflection, I think you also have to harden your onboard systems.

Theoretically, you probably have to do so even if directed at that assumed energy level, and this doesn't seem directed.
Radiation shielding is probably a good idea, and also heat shielding.

Luckily, that can be layered.

Since there's no tonnage, and you're using the hull like a resonance board, the configuration and possibly composition of the hull may have an effect.

Fascinating- the power requirements aren’t that bad (if you pair 200pts of fusion power plant with 10 tons of TL-12 high energy batteries). If you had the SWAP budget, you could carry 30tons of batteries and be ready to pulse in a single turn.

Back