Sneak Peek for Dredd and 2000AD Fans

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
In conjunction with Rebellion and 2000AD, Mongoose has been hard at work converting graphic novels into readily downloadable PDFs, so you can enjoy some of the galaxy's best comic strips from the comfort of your computer! We are busy uploading titles, but you can find the current range available here;

http://comics.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2560

We already have the complete Durham Red trilogy, the first of Dredd's Case Files, Dredd vs. Aliens, ABC Warriors and the Ballad of Halo Jones.

Over the next few days, you can also expect to see Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper, Slaine: The Book of Invasions, and Strontium Dog - and we will be adding more over the next few weeks.

Whether you are a veteran fan of Judge Dredd, looking for source material for the new 2000AD RPGs or simply looking for some truly awesome fantasy and science fiction stories, Drivethru Comics is the place to be!

Gah. I already subscribe to 2000AD and the Megazine as physical comics _and_ I buy the digital ones off Clickwheel - and the Case Files books as well as some other choice graphic novels... I am not going to start buying collections as PDF files... honest... Dredd takes enough of my disposable income already... ::twitch::

numanti said:
Gah. I already subscribe to 2000AD and the Megazine as physical comics _and_ I buy the digital ones off Clickwheel - and the Case Files books as well as some other choice graphic novels... I am not going to start buying collections as PDF files... honest... Dredd takes enough of my disposable income already... ::twitch::

Perhaps, but for those of us that have always had issues with getting our hands on 2000AD material (didn't used to be that way back in the day), this is a pretty good deal.

~Rex

I am considering building up a Dredd collection now I have picked up the RPG, but if I did it would be in the dead tree form.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I am considering building up a Dredd collection now I have picked up the RPG, but if I did it would be in the dead tree form.

LBH

I vastly prefer dead tree, but unfortunately, I've got techno nerd fans, that insist on everything in pdf format. Preferably, they would want a spot where they can, like a lot of pro pdf people, just get it for free (bit torrent rulz!) because a lot of the internet/computer generation don't understand things like boundaries, rights, ownership, product value etc etc etc ......

Besides when they start getting all Pirate-y Yar!, I can roll up something made out of dead trees, and then wallop the stuffing out of them.

~Rex

It's actually a fantastic deal and I like having a digital collection lots - just a shame the entire run of 2000AD's and Megazines and Annuals and Specials and so on are not available to buy as downloads anywhere.

(I am aware that nearly everything is available unofficially, certainly every Prog and Megazine - but I think story collections for official download is an excellent way forward, as well as digital subscriptions to the Prog and the Megazine)

Digital collections also take up less space! I'd be interested in digital versions of the Mongoose Dredd stuff, actually...

numanti said:
It's actually a fantastic deal and I like having a digital collection lots - just a shame the entire run of 2000AD's and Megazines and Annuals and Specials and so on are not available to buy as downloads anywhere.

We are working on it :)

We basically need to prove the system works first. We told Rebellion/2000AD that we could sell their products electronically far better than they were at the time - they gave us a chance, and now we have to prove it.

So, if you can get any friends looking at 2000AD on Drivethru, it would be appreciated :)

I pointed more then a few at it already. Seems to be popular. Now though, they want the dead tree versions.

~Rex

Back