Small Craft Catalogue - on PDF and Pre-Order!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The latest supplement for Traveller, the Small Craft Catalogue, is now live on PDF and pre-order!

You can grab your own copy right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/small-craft-catalogue

Small Craft Catalogue_Front Cover.jpg

Small craft, those vessels of less than 100 tons and without a jump drive, are the workhorses of Traveller and essential to the smooth running of every technological civilisation in Charted Space. This book gives you more than 60 new small craft, to be used by Travellers, pirates, traders, government forces and corporations. Each has a specific role and has been built to accomplish it with the best components available to its builders.

Belt Racers.jpg

In this book you will find:

Modules: It is not just the Modular Cutter that can carry the 30-ton standard module, and there are many configurations that greatly expand the operational capacity of these crafts.

Commercial Craft: Whether they are hauling cargo or passengers, there is a variety of small craft linking the worlds of each star system, binding colonies and outposts together.

Working Craft: From the highport to the far reaches of the outsystem, these small craft keep the empires running, fixing, rescuing, mining, and performing a multitude of other tasks.

Fighters: The most famous of small craft, high performance fighters are at the forefront of any outbreak of hostilities, their pilots destined to become heroes – or to meet an untimely death in the void.

The Military: Between the fighter and the warship, there are many small craft that keep military forces in the field and capable of acting effectively, from armoured transports and recon craft to assault boats and system defence forces.

Luxury Craft: Owned by nobles and rich corporate executives, these small craft spare no expense at providing the comfiest rides – and making sure everyone else knows it.

Aslan, Sword Worlds, Vargr and Zhodani: Beyond the Third Imperium and its affiliated states, other empires can have very different takes on small craft design, but these vessels might just be the perfect in-system ride for a group of Travellers.

Plus new rules on how your Travellers can use small craft to their best effect and bring another dimension to their adventures.

(If only I had some discipline, I wouldn't be paying for shipping each time, but no)
And I am NOT a robot - but apparently not smart enough to figure out which images have motorcycle parts. Maybe I should let ChatGPT click for me (yes, I know it doesn't do that, but, of never mind. Still not a robot. 🤖)

I see we have a rules change on little fuel tanks, which I suppose was long overdue. Looks great on a very quick pass (though when I saw Sew Boat I was expecting a knitting-circle).

DTTRPG is pretending you haven't released it yet. But I'll pick it up as soon as they figure out what they are doing.

DTTRPG is pretending you haven't released it yet. But I'll pick it up as soon as they figure out what they are doing.
Hm, when I search on "small craft catalogue", I get "Displaying 1-6 (of 6 titles)" followed by five titles. Guess someone hasn't had their coffee yet over there.

ed.: It comes up now, so the caffeine must have kicked in.

Last edited:
Almost perfect, particularly the modules.
It's missing the Bathroom Facility Module for rock festivals, the Non-Frozen Prison module for lags who can't take cold travel, the Library Module for bringing education to the frontier, and the Mobile Concessionary Stand Module, bringing mobile food to public events.
The Spaceborne Early Warning Module made me cry out in delight. They've got a SID Module!*
*Space Intruder Detector; see below for the Seventies original
1698431287580.png

Almost perfect, particularly the modules.
It's missing the Bathroom Facility Module for rock festivals, the Non-Frozen Prison module for lags who can't take cold travel, the Library Module for bringing education to the frontier, and the Mobile Concessionary Stand Module, bringing mobile food to public events.
The Spaceborne Early Warning Module made me cry out in delight. They've got a SID Module!*
*Space Intruder Detector; see below for the Seventies original
View attachment 1396
SID is my main man in orbit!

Oh! I wanted to mention this.
Page 5, the Cattle Transport Module. Some of the younger readers may wonder how much is a "score" of cattle.
It comes from the Anglo-Saxon dictionary that gave us "dozen" and "gross."

1 dozen = 12
1 baker's dozen = 13 (that is, one dozen + 1 for the taxman)
1 score = 20
1 gross = 12 dozen, 144.

The baker's dozen isn't actually 1 for the taxman. It's an extra to avoid getting accused of short weighting an order, which was a crime that was pretty severely punished. The idea being that even if your individual loaves weren't as heavy as they "should" be, you couldn't get busted by an irate customer or pissed off magistrate if there was obviously an extra portion in the order.

So more like 1 for the policeman than 1 for the taxman. :p

1278px-%C3%9Altima_Cena_-_Da_Vinci_5.jpg

When one falls short.

This book is so fun. I'm not going to mention it to my players; leaving me with all kinds of new things to encounter and make the universe more immersive.

This book is so fun. I'm not going to mention it to my players; leaving me with all kinds of new things to encounter and make the universe more immersive.
The ignorance of players is ever a source of joy and vexation for GMs.

I'm already planning on having some miscreant hire an advertising boat and go around displaying animated gifs of spirals laced with subliminals to put half the Highport in a trance.

Back