Size value of various Tankers

chris_valera

Mongoose
Yes, I know, asking for rules is generally verboten, but since this is for hobby purposes, maybe I can get a pass.

Anyway, I'm basing up some tankers, and for the life of me, I don't know where my books have gotten too.

So can anybody hook me up w/ the size values for a Tanker, King Tanker and Spiny Tanker, and what the base size should be? Between what size and what size?

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Generally you can take point blank range (=size value) as a messure of base size. That would be 4" radius (8" Diameter) for all kind of tankers.

But however you can take any size of base you like (e.g. some "egg-like" eliptic form).
It doesn't affect gameplay (but if you wanna play with them you should know that huge bases can make it very difficult to place one of these beast in a non-flat terrain piece).

Galatea said:
Generally you can take point blank range (=size value) as a messure of base size. That would be 4" radius (8" Diameter) for all kind of tankers.

But however you can take any size of base you like (e.g. some "egg-like" eliptic form).
It doesn't affect gameplay (but if you wanna play with them you should know that huge bases can make it very difficult to place one of these beast in a non-flat terrain piece).

Oh snap, you're right, I hadn't though of that...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

I would try and make the base as close to the shape of the tanker as possible. So I sidewards 'H' With a a 'U' stuck to the bottom. All the tankers are size 4.

Galatea said:

4" radius circle would be pretty darned big. Leaves BIIIIIG wide areas to side.

However when generally it is concidered that enemy is in PBR with tankers anyway? Tanker is 8" long so 4" PBR doesn't even extend past head...Bit of problems to say the least...

You are in PBR either when you reach the PBR zone defined by size value (that'll be 4" for the tanker) or when the modells touch, whatever comes first.

Galatea said:
You are in PBR either when you reach the PBR zone defined by size value (that'll be 4" for the tanker) or when the modells touch, whatever comes first.

That would be touching the model then because you can't BE in PBR of tanker (atleast from front) without touching the head :-(

Back