Simulating The Battlefield

Renny

Mongoose
How are you guys thinking of decorating the playing surface?
For ACTA, I went the old reliable route of getting a piece of felt, painting stars on it and voila !
The restless seas of the North Atlantic might be a bit more difficult though.
I've thought of one or two ways of doing it but would be interested in your thoughts.

Regards

Renny

"Periscope spotted, sir." :wink:

As for the tunes, I'd obviously use the theme from "Victory at Sea"... :roll:

Hi, first post - joined the forum on the strength of how good VaS looks.

Just painted up a board - 6' x 4' thick white card that had spare, to lay over the gaming table.

Used a tin of prussian blue gloss that was laying around in the cellar and seems to have worked out quite nicely - shiny finish and the stiff bristles on an old brush leave little scrapes showing the white underneath which gives the impression of waves.

15 minutes and cost very little.

hodgski said:
Hi, first post - joined the forum on the strength of how good VaS looks.

Just painted up a board - 6' x 4' thick white card that had spare, to lay over the gaming table.

Used a tin of prussian blue gloss that was laying around in the cellar and seems to have worked out quite nicely - shiny finish and the stiff bristles on an old brush leave little scrapes showing the white underneath which gives the impression of waves.

15 minutes and cost very little.

Well, that's certainly different than using a blue tablecloth. Maybe eventually you can post a pic with a few ships on it?

I'm usually running demoes at different stores/conventions so I go for cheap, light and washable... Flat bed sheet. They come in assorted colors and cost about $3.00 at Wal-Mart. :)

If you do this, it's a good idea to get something to clip the ends/sides of the sheet together under the table so you don't "rock the boats" by leaning on the sheet or bumping the table.

Nezeray

So far I have used blue sheets but that Atlantic Seascape looks beautiful! Not too sure about Monday Knight spotted leopard print.
Regards,
Scott

Back