Sic semper tyrannis

kafka

Mongoose
Does anyone have a cool image that can be tied back to the Third Imperium that features this slogan - Sic semper tyrannis (death to tyrants). It could be a sword and the Imperial Sunburst or whatever. And, if have it can they share it. Thanks. As I need the image for a Con game in August.

kafka said:
Sic semper tyrannis (death to tyrants).
Actually this means "Thus always to tyrants", so the motto would only ma-
ke sense with the picture of a sword destroying the Imperial Sunburst.

"Regimus tractus inter astrum"

"Nos vereor change"

"Totus illa astrum quod EGO etiam can't adepto a decens imbibo"

"Servo populus"

"Ineo est panton"

"Meus imperiosus est maior quam vestri imperiosus"

"Death to Tyrants" = "Nex ut Tyrannus"...

...at least according to one online translator ;)

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Latin

GJD said:
"Regimus tractus inter astrum"

"Nos vereor change"

"Servo populus"

"Ineo est panton"

"Meus imperiosus est maior quam vestri imperiosus"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially Number 3

Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

How many posts before we get a picture...anyhow, I agree with all of you...but in 41st century - Sic semper tyrannis is thoroughly corrupted. But, if you want to include any of the other mottos on your logo - fine.

As far as it makes sense, it actually, does, as it is the crest of a knight who believed the current emperor is a tyrant as opposed those in the imaginary past. Sort of like those who believe in Camelot.

So, gentlemen...a picture is required. Could be an Imperial Sunburst weeping tears of blood.

I'm not an artist whatsoever, but did this with AutoRealm in a few minutes (if you don't find a true piece of art, it's very simple, cartoonish):

Death to Tyrants

This from Wiki:

Wiki said:
Sic semper tyrannis is a Latin phrase meaning "thus always to tyrants." It is sometimes mistranslated as "death to tyrants" or "down with the tyrant. ...

Everyone is right.

"I control the entire galaxy and still can't get a decent drink?"

Nice.

Reminds me of some of the sentances from 'essential latin', like the all-purpose stick-up note:

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam "

kafka said:
How many posts before we get a picture...anyhow, I agree with all of you...but in 41st century - Sic semper tyrannis is thoroughly corrupted. But, if you want to include any of the other mottos on your logo - fine.

As far as it makes sense, it actually, does, as it is the crest of a knight who believed the current emperor is a tyrant as opposed those in the imaginary past. Sort of like those who believe in Camelot.

So, gentlemen...a picture is required. Could be an Imperial Sunburst weeping tears of blood.

Sorry kafka - i completely misinterpreted the point of your request! i just saw a latin quote and thought "ahh, he's after a motto for the 3I".

Serves me right, should read the entire post!

G.

middenface said:
I've a nice EPS image of the sunburst, sure I can knock up a sword quickly..

I've got a vector image of a sword if you need one (or even if you don't).

AndrewW said:
middenface said:
I've a nice EPS image of the sunburst, sure I can knock up a sword quickly..

I've got a vector image of a sword if you need one (or even if you don't).
Thanks!
Fire away, usual email addy...

BTW I have posted a money shot of your Prospector...
;)

15 min job....

sic-1.png

Back