Ship Design Philosophy

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose

Greetings seasoned.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Inspiration: Biggest STARSHIPS 🛸 3D Comparison

Many of the spacecraft, space stations and cosmic structures represented in a video, from the smallest to the most gigantic. Ships from all eras, from nobels to movies. Represented as faithfully as possible their sizes.

1. The Endurance looks like the lab ship; so presumably, that's an actual viable concept.

2. The Liberator is surprisingly big.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Starships: Barging In

1. A barge implies to me something big and slow, carrying cargo.

2. A large barge, with cargo

3. Argo being the name of an expeditionary ship.

4. B/Argo.

5. At it's simplest, technological level nine would allow a performance of jump factor one, manoeuvre factor one.

6. You trade time and space for simplicity.

7. Engineering can be budget versions.

8. If I thought rockets and diesel generators were viable, I'd use that to minimize number of engineers.

9. Speaking of which, ideal size probably would be a hundred kilotonnes.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Inspiration: Star Wars: A New Hope- Reimagined on Earth in the 1880's

My take on a scene recreation for Brookline Interactive Groups production of Crowdsourced Boston 2022-Star Wars-Scene 25- Secret Compartment.

No! Nagasaki is peaceful! We have no weapons, you can't possibly...

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Spaceships: Optional Equipment and Crewing

1. It just occurred to me, a lot of our vessels may be undermanned.

2. I don't see the manning requirements for a lot of optional equipment, such as launch tubes.

3. It's quite possible to have crew being able to maintain and/or operate such equipment, as well as whatever is their primary job.

4. For gunnery, I rather doubt that the tonnage discounts works, since if you can batteryize any number of weapon systems through the reduction of gunners at a hundred kilotonnes, you can do that at one kilotonne.

5. Hard to say about auxiliary 'craft: could be more based on the actual usage, rather than just tonnage.

6. Engineering should be based on the actual cohesive volume of the drives and power plants, since it would make no difference in supervision, regardless of the hull volume.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Spaceships: Hostile Takeover and Explaining Boarding Actions in Science Fiction

Spacedock delves into the time honored tradition of breaking into spaceships and shooting the place up.

Open hangar bays.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Spacestations: Star Trek: Detail Look Inside Deep Space 9!

This is the 3D animation of Deep Space 9 from Star Trek. Enjoy! #startrek

Deep Space 9, originally known as Terok Nor, was one of the most historically, politically, and strategically important space stations in the Alpha Quadrant during the latter half of the 24th century.

The space station was constructed by Bajoran slave labor overseen by the Cardassians in orbit of Bajor during their occupation of the planet.

Under the Federation administration following the Cardassian withdrawal, the station was relocated into the Denorios belt.

There, DS9 became a vital commercial port and defensive outpost due to its location near the mouth of the wormhole.

It later became a key strategic location during the Dominion War for both the Dominion and the Federation Alliance.

0:00 Introduction
3:25 Size
4:50 Exterior
5:44 Runabout
7:15 Operation Centers
10:00 The Promenade
10:35 Quark's Bar
12:19 Wardroom
14:19 Infirmary
15:24 USS Defiant
17:20 Conclusion

Operations Centre and engineering deck.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Starwarships: Star Trek: Inside the USS Enterprise-B (Excelsior-class)

This is the 3D animation of Enterprise 1701-B (Excelsior-class) from Star Trek. Enjoy! #startrek

The Excelsior-class ships have played a significant role in the Star Trek universe, and have been involved in a number of important events and missions.

The design of the Excelsior-class ships was based on the Constitution-class starships, which were introduced in the original Star Trek television series. The Excelsior-class ships are larger and more heavily armed than the Constitution-class ships, and they are often considered the successor to the Constitution-class design.

The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) and the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) are two different ships in the Star Trek franchise. The Enterprise-A is a Constitution-class starship that was first seen in the film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

It was commanded by Captain James T. Kirk, and it played a significant role in the Star Trek universe, appearing in several films and television series.

1. Person[e/a]lly, I tend to try and squeeze in as many as possible.

2. Probably would have to seriously revise that for deep space exploration.

3. We could have a more vertical tilt to the power plants.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Starwarships: Top Five Sci-Fi Space Fighters (That Aren't The Gunstar)

Spacedock delves into five of our favourite sci-fi space fighters.

1. Does rotating ships really redirect felt acceleration?

2. Makes you wonder how many crewmembers a Vilani fighter would have.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Starwarships: Armaments and The Conceptual Failure of Orbital Lasers

God, from the machine.

It's not about the size of the laser, but how you use it.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Spaceships: Damaged Spacecraft & Shipwrecked Saucers

Spaceships getting damaged or crashing is common story in science fiction but it's also terrifyingly common with real spaceships. So what do we if our spaceship gets damaged?

1. Redundancy.

2. Three dee printers.

3. Intellectual property.

4. Standardized versus customized.

5. Customization through evolution.

6. Mandatory low berths.

main-qimg-d88bbcdff03256a2395ea0d5dca83f0e-pjlq

8. Solomani Army Knife.

9. You try and avoid as many dirtside landings as possible, to minimize stressing the hull and other machinery.

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Spaceships: Using Asteroids As Spaceships

Asteroids may serve as future bases and colonies for humanity as we travel into space, but could they also be converted into spaceships to take us strange new worlds around distant stars?

1. Or spacestations, depending on manoeuvre drive factor.

2. Fragile, therefore not inclined to spin.

3. External combustion engine.

4. Laputa.

5. Bucky ball reservoirs.

6. Emergency break, mass driver spinal mount.

7. Slow boat to Draco.

ColinD

Mongoose
I do love the spaceship being built inside and asteroid and then destroying it as it breaks free for its maiden flight.

I also like the trope of the non-aligned spacers who live inside an asteroid, surviving on ramshackle parts and pieces.