Shadizar Creatures

The Warlord

Mongoose
There doesn't seem to be a notation of which monsters cause Terror and which don't. Am I missing something.

And another thing. I haven't used creatures that much, so when looking for the DC of the Terror check it is 10 + the HD, correct? So a monster with 4d8 would be 10 + 8, or 10 + 4d8?

Thanks!

The Warlord said:
And another thing. I haven't used creatures that much, so when looking for the DC of the Terror check it is 10 + the HD, correct? So a monster with 4d8 would be 10 + 8, or 10 + 4d8?

I think it is supposed to be 10 + the number of hit dice. So a 4d8 monster would be Terror DC:14.

Question for the Mongoose Staff and Others ....

Has the Terror (Or not) effect/ stat been added into the Conan Monster listings throughout the later releases?

This may seem obvious - but a set DC Listing might be good instead of looking up the Terror of the Unknown notes in My (Old) Rules.
I know it mostly applies to Demons, Outsiders, obvious 'Monsters' and One-Off Horrors ...

Then again there's an Aquilonian merchant who's never seen an Elephant before, etc.

Has Anyone got any Variations on handling the Terror effect. Otherwise, any character under 4th level may feint upon seeing something new with little to say about thier indignity (Brave Barbarian warrior or no ...)?

I notice that Mongoose has a new Monster Encyclopedia I. Exactly how do Challenge Ratings work? I would like to see many more Conan suitable Monsters and Animals; For Example the Sphynx's for Stygia, Mammoths for Northern realms. Maybe a Conan Monster Building Guide/ Template (Such as the Creating Life tables in Scrolls of Skellos).

Back