Sentient Rabbits Gaming Society presents...

Reaverman said:
hiffano said:
Thanks all, great to finally put some faces to names too. but I am bleedin knackered after all the driving!

I am knackered, and I did not drive (had a little nap earlier :D)

BTW, next time we get large Pizza's :p

hell yeah....EACH!

I cannot even begin to take all the credit - the Sentient Rabbits crew were all awesome, my personal thanks go to Adam, Tank, TGT, and especially to Burger and Reaverman - Reaverman for the superb paint-job on each board (and Burger for letting us use his place to do them ;))

But also to all the players who made it - you made the tournament really worthwhile running :)

It will certainly make the next one easier (yep - we plan to do another at some point). Am busy on the write-up (will be finished by Friday) so more news then! (BTW we will be requesting feedback - what we could do better, what worked well etc - will update via e-mail!)

EDIT: I forgot to thank Untrained Monkey who was the "hero" of the day for saving a kitten that was abandoned in a yard...(either that or he broke in and stole someone's cat! ;))

I think the card system could do with some work - as could the Call to Arms scenario for every game - there are certain fleets which really suffer in open space, and certain fleets which really excel.

As such there are certain players who will automatically load up on cancel cards, and others who will load up on terrain. It's just too easy for people to cancel opponents' cards, and leave races (especially the First Ones) out in the cold a bit.

Alexb83 said:
I think the card system could do with some work - as could the Call to Arms scenario for every game - there are certain fleets which really suffer in open space, and certain fleets which really excel.

As such there are certain players who will automatically load up on cancel cards, and others who will load up on terrain. It's just too easy for people to cancel opponents' cards, and leave races (especially the First Ones) out in the cold a bit.

Thanks for that - I take it both of your cards were canceled? I would be interested hearing what the other players had to say about the cards too, most people I talked to on the day liked the idea but would have tweaked it a little.

Personally I thought they seemed to work well (I was collecting some data about what cards were selected and used) but sorry to hear they didn't seem very useful to you.

For those that know about "Untrained Monkeys" Kitten rescue, apparrantly they were fox cubs!!!

And to Hash great tourney!

To everyone that tipped up it was good to see you all again, was really good atmosphere.

And yes bigger pizza's are definately necessary next time :lol:

My only concern with the cards was that my terrain card resulted in a single piece if terrain in my opponent's deployment area - not a lot of use to me. :?

Tank said:
For those that know about "Untrained Monkeys" Kitten rescue, apparrantly they were fox cubs!!!

And to Hash great tourney!

To everyone that tipped up it was good to see you all again, was really good atmosphere.

And yes bigger pizza's are definately necessary next time :lol:

FOX CUBS....LMAO......remind me not to take 'Untrained Monkey' on a safari.

"Look I thought all lions had trunks!" :twisted:

Mind you, poor Vixen. She's probably worried no :(

Hash said:
Alexb83 said:

Thanks for that - I take it both of your cards were canceled? I would be interested hearing what the other players had to say about the cards too, most people I talked to on the day liked the idea but would have tweaked it a little.

Personally I thought they seemed to work well (I was collecting some data about what cards were selected and used) but sorry to hear they didn't seem very useful to you.

Yep, and both people who cancelled the cards said much the same - against ancients they'd cancel whatever card was put down. Shadows and Vorlons really suffer in open space, and really excel when there's terrain about. It's a bit of a no brainer really....

Great work HASH and many thanks for letting us crash at yours! i look fwd to the write up friday.....please let me vet those pics of me...how evil do I look...scary

Grand work on the boards guys! Top notch

Bigger Pizza's next time for sure...that or a second round!

Cards worked really well I felt and although I had 2 cancel cards (biased!) I think anything other than that would have meant a field day for the shadows ! I think they served their purpose very well and added a great deal of stratergy to the tourney and they really added flavour.
As a suggestion maybe have a card per game (4) but your only allowed to pick 2 of any one card type and one compulsory terrain card. I'm not sure if I'd make playing the terrain card compulsory....

I liked the cards, but obviously you don't know who you will play, so a lot of people took the cancel cards anyway, as a precautionary measure, rather than going for glory with a card that may help them offensively.
Maybe work around how it is done? only one of each type can be taken, maybe add a couple of new cards for more variability, let the terrain card playing player place a set number of terrain as if he chose the field of battle, how about a Joker, Double points in the game you playe it, let in the beligians.. (ok, I bet most of you have no idea what thats all about!)
and let me play Tank!!

I took 2 Cancels because:

on a small table not much point in having non AJP ships jumping in and terrain would be more to my opponents advantage - not that it helped anyway cos lost all 4 games !!!!!!! I cncelled two cards and had third played on me.

Love the dice incendently! :D

I really like the card idea - however as other posters suggested I think needs tweeking.........

have fun

I'm with Hiff on this one, let me play Hiffano!!!! :lol:

Maybe have to fix the next idgaming tourney :lol:

I'll arange it. I'm gonna have a laugh and play Crusade EA I think. Very limted ship choice,I only own 4 hull types!

I'm just gonna hide in the asteroid field every game! thats and easy 10 points per game ;-)

Ha, you can try hiding from me in the asteriods but my exploding ships will cause you damage!!! :lol:

you are of course assuming I don't blow up half of my own fleet entering an asteroid field!

Back