Secrets of Skelos release date

Did Secrets of Skelos release yesterday (Nov 15th)?
Some sources say that's when it was scheduled, but I can't find any sources announcing its actual release (the industry, particularly indies, misses a lot of shipping dates)

Why are the release dates for Mongooses' products so scattered? It seems like every product has delays, multiple ship dates, etc. What is the deal?

Try running a publishing business, writing, reading, and editing the books, playtesting, then binding and mass production of the many games and books they offer.

when a company sticks to one game and one game only, the proposed dates my be written in stone.. Mongoose deals with a lot of diffent games, including those they do themselves.

Give them a break guys, I think they are doing GREAT!!

I wasn't trying to give them a hard time. Amazon's date for the release confused me.

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Skelos-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850468/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195335845&sr=8-1

Yes, I agree, the product is fantastic and worth the wait. I just wonder how a company seems to always be late with their releases. I certainly do not know enough about the publishing business to appreciate all that goes into the final product. I was just thinking that they would have it down better and more accurately by now.

LilithsThrall said:
I wasn't trying to give them a hard time. Amazon's date for the release confused me.

Understandable... Once the release date is given figure a week or ten days till hits your area. Amazon sucks at those, try frgames.com or nobleknightgames.com if you are NOT in the US, I am not sure if they do overseas...

I do get a little peturbed about the bitching of the products and release dates though. they mayhave issues, but they are QUICK to rectify them...

LilithsThrall said:

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Skelos-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850468/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195335845&sr=8-1

Amazon are not known for the accuracy of the information regarding nrelease dates.

LBH

Hi guys,

I can give you some explanations here :)

It was not so very long ago that we not only stuck to release dates, but were able to tell you, six months in advance, what _day_ they would come out, with just a handful slipping in any year - we were one of only (I believe) three RPG companies able to do this.

What changed was the printing facility, and its integration into the rest of the company. However, we have now almost completed the process, and the only thing causing slippages now is demand for certain titles. This week, for example, demand for Return to the Road of Kings and Cthulhutech has been _massive_, with mail orders flying in, and distributors revising their orders mid-week. All this has led to the shipping date for these two books to slip 2-3 days, and will have a knock-on effect on other books this month (minimal, but it will be there, with some books jumping to an early December release).

That said, things are beginning to stabilise, and our book production should, once again, be utterly predictable in Q1 next year.

Mongoose doesnt seem to be too bad for releasing stuff, though I also been anxiously waiting for skelos for a while, smeg I'd even take 1st ed. if I could get it. Its definately like that other 900 pound gorilla of an rpg company that shall go unnamed which has had release dates slip 6 months or longer only to release books with horrible edititing (ie dozen or more typos in some paragraphs).

Back