Scrolls of Skelos cover image

VincentDarlage said:
I like the artwork a lot. Any chance we will get to see a larger version of the cover art?
Have to agree. what little I can see of it looks great, but a larger picture would be nice. Please :(

I am glad these covers aren't just pictures of book covers, like so many other D20 and OGL books are. I like the inspirational paintings the Conan line has.

VincentDarlage said:
I am glad these covers aren't just pictures of book covers, like so many other D20 and OGL books are. I like the inspirational paintings the Conan line has.

Really? I didn't realize ayone had ever put a book cover as the cover of an RPG supplement. Could you give an example?

Virtually all of WotC's material (except the recent Draconomicon) uses a picture of a mock book cover as the book cover: hinges, locks, gems, et al.

Fantasy Flight Games does the same thing with their Legends and Lairs line. The Book of Erotic Fantasy did it. Relics and Rituals I and II, the Creature Collection I and II.

Call of Cthulhu d20 arguably did it. Rokugan does it. Atlas Games doesn't seem to.

Outlaw said:
Really? I didn't realize ayone had ever put a book cover as the cover of an RPG supplement. Could you give an example?

A lot of Mongoose's "Ultimate ..." books are mock book covers, as seen here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/series.php?qsSeries=Supplementary&qsTitle=Supplementary%20Rulebooks

VincentDarlage said:
I like the artwork a lot. Any chance we will get to see a larger version of the cover art?

Your wish is our command - check out the Downloads section of the Conan site. . .

You guys are doing a good job...thanks. The cover art is fantastic. I love the deity statue in the background and what is that tenticle thing...weird :p ...hope the interior art is also equally good.

VincentDarlage said:
Virtually all of WotC's material (except the recent Draconomicon) uses a picture of a mock book cover as the book cover: hinges, locks, gems, et al.

OH!!! Okay, I gotchya. I thought you were talking about the cover art from a novel made into the cover of an RPG. But you were talking about making the book look like a book.

Now I'm on track.

...yeah, that has been done an awful lot.

Mythos said:
BTW, who is the artist for the cover? Is he/she the same person who did the cover for the MRB?

Looks like the same guy - Chris Quilliams (he signed it in the lower right corner, on the step).

I really like the artwork. It is slightly reminescent of Frazetta's painting for Conan the Avenger - even down to the tentacles on the ground - although the costumes and poses are much improved. It is very evocative of a magical setting.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The sword looks great, and I adore the statue in the background.

Yes, very nice! :D

It's the attention to the tiniest detail that I admire most. The creepy spider webbing in the Conan logo, the subtle folds of the characters' costumes, the glint and gore of Conan's sword, and (best of all) the extremely realistic facial expressions. Excellent and evocative work!

Question: Anyone know who the girl or the wizard/priest are supposed to be? Just curious. Any guesses? :?:

Quillam does it again :D love his work on the slayers guides but he has done a amazing job here.does anyone know if he has a web site?

Back