Scholars of Khitan

cyric

Mongoose
Good Morning!

This question was asked in the Rulesmaster Forum but I would like to repeat it here:

As a Khitan you get a free feat which may come from the sorcerous feats list. The entry clearly states that the requirements of the feat must be met but all sorcery feats have requirements that a level 1 charakter can't meet!

How to handle this one? Is this an error or will one of the upcoming products contain sorcery feats without prerequisits?

greetings
cy

cyric said:
Good Morning!

This question was asked in the Rulesmaster Forum but I would like to repeat it here:

As a Khitan you get a free feat which may come from the sorcerous feats list. The entry clearly states that the requirements of the feat must be met but all sorcery feats have requirements that a level 1 charakter can't meet!

How to handle this one? Is this an error or will one of the upcoming products contain sorcery feats without prerequisits?

greetings
cy

Maybe Scrolls of Skelos (the Conan magic expansion), due next month will address this with new feats?

You could always just allow the free feat when the character is qualified for it.

But my guess is that this was an oversight and that a feat requiring a MAB of +1 should be granted at level 1 - which is what I will likely do.

As written, the only feat available to a Khitan scholar at level 1 is Improved Unarmed Strike.

Even if you allow a MAB+1, you still only have 2 feats to chose from, the summoner and the hexer feats.

I don't mind Jason's idea of receiving the feat as soon as you qualify for it, but its a shame that you'd get nothing at first level, which is probably when this feat would be most useful.

SS

Back