Scenery

Reaverman

Mongoose
Hi all,

my bugs are on the back burner for a bit. Since I am going to need some scenery to play them on, and so thats what I have been doing this week. I've made about 22 Hexes so far, and have about another 42 to go before I reach enough to cover on a 4x4 board.

I am looking at making enough to cover an 8x4 board, but to start with 4x4 gets me on a good positive start. Then I'll start on trenches, rivers, roads, and hill. The Hexes are 6" across, made of polystyrene, and textured with sand and exterior wall paint.

Wargaming137.jpg

Really nice! How were you thinking on adding trenches and the like? Will the be like "extra" parts that you can put anywhere you like?

Kristovich said:
Really nice! How were you thinking on adding trenches and the like? Will the be like "extra" parts that you can put anywhere you like?

Essentially I'll make extra tiles, with scenery built into them. So a river will run through the middle of a tile, and multiples of this tile will mean will be made, so that they span the table. To make a trench, make two sets of tiles, but slice through the top tile, and glue it to the bottom tile. Again, making groups of them, and setting them up across the board for a desired results. Setting it up, so the trenches zig-zag, will also be more accurate too.

Back