Scale?

urdinaran

Mongoose
I'm guessing these figs are 25-28mm scale, is that correct? Also, is that the same scale of the game; I've seen games that use whatever scale figure and then say the table top is actually in another scale.

Hey, byram is actually right for a change. :D

Seriously though, while I don't have any hard facts to back this up, I have to agree that it seems only logical that it would be 28mm just like SST.

What does 30mm work out at – in reality, not in theory?

Closer to 1/48th than 25/28mm anyway so you have all those vehicle kits to choose from, in particular the cheap, one chassis fits all, motorised AFVs from Zhengdefu/Kitech that actually build up quite well. The advantage is that in a near future setting you can start to play silly buggers with them, so I have an M1 with a turret mounted point defence system (from the John Ringo Posleen War novels) and a LeClerc with an Ogre style sensor tower (a terrible mistake, the American Ogres, not the European ones mounted these).

i just got a 1/48 scale T90 for my russian force (il use pla rules for now) just need to find a good range of modern russian figs to support it and a bmp 1-2 in the right scale.

still think this game should be in 20mm though as the tanks use up to much and control to much of the table.

Mr Evil said:
still think this game should be in 20mm though as the tanks use up to much and control to much of the table.

I must admit that I do kind of wonder about that; seems like you would need a gym to fight a large armor battle! Hmm... Thant's an idea...

Then again, I don't think that there are any games based around 20mm, are there? It seems like going with an accepted scale makes more sense then trying to break new ground by using a scale that no one has ever done before.

20 mm is very very popular for modern warfare games, especialy ww2 its on a par with 15mm and is a more traditional scale.

Personally I am far more familiar with 15mm as an historical scale, from ancients through American Revolutionary War to Napoleonics up to World War II ala Flames of War.

If you were going to go to a smaller scale my experience says 15 mm offers everything that 20mm offers as well as apparently more commonality than 20mm.

Honestly, I feel this is more than a moot point at this time. Considering how short the time span until product release, just over three months. I should imagine that the decision on what scale has long since been decided.

If you were going to go to 20mm why not go to 18.5mm, i.e. 1:87 scale which is HO scale having an enormous miniatures and building base worl-wide? HO scale has one of the largest current manufacturing bases of all model rairoad scales and most certainly a much larger customer base than any single game company base, including EE.

Just my thoughts on scale, worth exactly what they cost you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the larger 28-30mm scale wish it was 1/35, 15mm is good for Company size with support but where this is Skirmish level Plt level and lower the bigger size gives the figures a bit of presence, especially when you go to mod them :wink:

Inquisitor said:
I like the larger 28-30mm scale wish it was 1/35, 15mm is good for Company size with support but where this is Skirmish level Plt level and lower the bigger size gives the figures a bit of presence, especially when you go to mod them :wink:

but its not a true skirmish as tanks and aircraft are involved !!!!

I always asked myself how military organisation charts alone can always guarantee that it is absolutely impossible to meet a tank without the support of a whole company...

just adding a single tank doesn't stop it from being a skirmish game, and isn't air support the new squad artillery now that mortars are out of fashion?

one vehicle does not bring it out of skirmish mode, its when you have the community trying to play "30,000" point games pushing out to large scale, which isnt a bad thing but better left to personal preference

1. So what is the scale of the game?

2. If it is 25-28mm, I'm guessing then 1" will equal 5'; so a typical 4'x6' table would represent 240'x360', or 80 yds x 120 yds right?

Ok, seriously, If the game can be fused with starship troopers, it will be Starship Troopers scaled...

Back