S & P 72. What did you think?

Burger said:
It's a Mongoose magazine.
Valid point. But in that case they can state that these are popular independant games, rather than make them look like the biggest French home grown RPGs. Hell they even mention D&D, an other oscure Indi game I guess?

Or they don't mention any concurrent games, even indie, or they make a fair review (which will never be perfect but at least a fair attempt at it would be better) and actually mention the true popular French games.

Burger said:
If you e-mail Matt, I'm sure he'll refund your money for the magazine ;)
Lol, yeah!

Of course it is no biggie, but it is allways anoying when false impressions go around. A bit like if a Chinese article in a Chinese (free) sports journal presented England and implied it's most famous team sport is Basketball or something by only speaking about Basketball in it's sports review. Not that Basketball is not popular in Britain, but you get the idea...

Personnaly I don't really care for myself as I happen to know France and french games! And appart from that S&P is cool.
But it is a pitty they got it so wrong. Not that it will change much for your average Joe I guess either.

Maybe by "homegrown" they just thought "amateur" or "indie"...

Fact is : BOL is a U.S.A. game translated in french and "revamped" (cover, illustrations). Mahamoth is an indie game by the same illustrator, created through a ransom (and the game went out around one or two years after the ransom was paid).

greuh

greuh said:

Fact is : BOL is a U.S.A. game translated in french and "revamped" (cover, illustrations). Mahamoth is an indie game by the same illustrator, created through a ransom (and the game went out around one or two years after the ransom was paid).

greuh

Fact is BoL is an English game, translated to French. I should know, I wrote it!

Simon wrote it and Gill did the awesome Lemuria map for it, so it's defintiely not American.

Fact: Simon's game is awesome.

Simon_W said:
greuh said:

greuh

Fact is BoL is an English game, translated to French. I should know, I wrote it!

Oops. Sorry for that.

Whetever : it's not a _french_ game, but a game translated in french, which makes for a poor example of French games ;)
greuh.

The Wolf said:
Simon wrote it and Gill did the awesome Lemuria map for it, so it's defintiely not American.

Fact: Simon's game is awesome.

That is a very perceptive fact. Thank you.

Simon W

Fact 2: Simon himself is awesome, so there. Seriously though...to pimp Simon is an honour because his work is great.

I'm a fan.

As for this issue of S&P...it has my work in it so I'm biased ;)

Back