Russian confederation

Kristovich said:
Anyhow, I came to think of something. The MEA uses the AK-103 rifles, so wouldn't it make sense if the Russians also used it? Just a thought, the guys who buy the guns walk around with better gear than the ones who sold them.

Just a thought though.

That can actually happen a lot, the Russian design a lot of stuff their miltary can't actually afford, its paid for by foreign sales.

Just the state of Russia's finances I'm afraid...

Although assault rifle wise they might just be able to afford it.

Nick

Is that site in Russian or what language? Kinda reminded me of French, but that's me.

Still, I'd guess that would be some pretty awsome to use as base for models. Good site there Mr Evil.

Kristovich said:
Is that site in Russian or what language? Kinda reminded me of French, but that's me.

Still, I'd guess that would be some pretty awsome to use as base for models. Good site there Mr Evil.

It's in French. Apparently it's a french website (with english translations) about army recognition. Nice find!

http://www.hlbs.co.uk/range.php?id=2

how gorgouse are these for russian figs

RU06.png

RU09.png

RU08.png

RU13.png

RU01.png

this is a small sample of the russian stuff they do

take note mongoose this is what russian troops look like not the pale comparisons done elsewhere

figs like these not evan i wish to convert !!!

Nice. Original NATO designation for that one was the "Werewolf" I think. Russians call it the "Akula" or Shark? It was originally the worlds first 1-man attack helicopter, but was only put into production as a 2-man heli with side-by-side seating. The 2-man version is in service alongside the Mi24/25 or possibly the Mi28.

I think the one you've got is the original 1-man prototype.

Yikes, I am going to get in sooo much trouble for that last post.

Apologies to Mr. Evil for a couple of mistakes wot I made in replying to his post, the Russian name for the Ka 50 is the "Black Shark", it is a 1-man heli, although a 2-man command heli called the Ka 52 "Alligator" has been developed.

Nice model. :oops:

Just had a sift through news items on orbat.com, I dunno why we're calling the campaign kreplakistan, looks as if there are more fun and games happening in Lebanon. Apparently, IDF troops had an armoury looted, then chased the perpetrators over the border in Merkava's, only to run into a column of French Leclerc's (UN), who faced them off for about 30 mins then ran away. What with the French threatening to shoot Israeli planes down, the IDF making a cockup of basic procedures, I thought it was just everyday stuff. Then I saw the little news item on the deployment of "a couple of platoons of Russian GRU troops to Lebanon", apparently to protect Russian engineers in the region. Fine, I thought.

Hang on, the GRU runs it's own Spetznaz regiments, doesn't it? In fact, those are the only 'troops' it does own, the rest being intelligence agents. Add to that, historically, GRU Spetznaz are trained to go behind enemy lines to cause "diversion and sabotage" to disrupt military defence, and the fact that they didn't tell anyone except the Lebanese that they were coming.

Sometimes real life is SO much more insane than any wargame! :twisted:

Completely nuts! No argument there!

If I've got any facts wrong, somebody please tell me, 'cos the more I read, the more the space between my ears began to heat up, and I may have misread an item due to the apparent insanity of the world!

I think the moral of the story is that no matter what you have, troops, weapons, equipment, harsh language, etc. Sooner or later some bored, stupid so-and-so is gonna want to play with them, just to see what they do! :twisted:

Kitech do a plastic T-90 kit, as well as a BTR-80 kit. Seem to be the best places to go.

The problem with the HLBS stuff is that it is 1/48 scale, which is huge next to BF:Evo minis, or even next to GW "heroic" scale.

Back