RuneQuest II News

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Joint press release from Mongoose Publishing and Issaries, Inc.

“Today we have agreed to dissolve the business relationship between our companies. While such partings are regretful, we recognize the need to play to our strengths and specialties in today’s market.”

Says Matthew Sprange, Managing Director of Mongoose:

“RuneQuest has been an adventure in publishing fantasy, but we can only seek so much treasure at once. It is clear to us that Traveller, miniatures and our future board and card games are our strong suits. We’ll now channel more resources in these directions.”

Says Greg Stafford, President of Issaries:

“I’ve enjoyed the creative efforts of Mongoose, and I will miss the entertainment and expansion that it’s given us. Thank you Matt. ”

Now go read our News page...

It's a pity but I thank the Mongoose for giving us an excellent insight of 2nd Age Glorantha and some campaigns.

Glorantha is quite hard to comprehend for beginners as it departs from much of what is commonly known in fantasy and demands thus a greater investment. This difficulty to reach new customers was I believe the main reason of this.

Or am I wrong?

Wow, out of the blue! Your French customers will be most peeved I suspect.

So what is this, "Age of Treason" that is mentioned in the News?

The King said:
Glorantha is quite hard to comprehend for beginners as it departs from much of what is commonly known in fantasy and demands thus a greater investment. This difficulty to reach new customers was I believe the main reason of this.

Or am I wrong?

We have spoken with Greg at some length on this issue, and believe it is likely the case.

I am glad you are continuing the RQII system under another name. Just so you know there is already a Wayfarer RPG out there.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=2556&products_id=59182

robertsconley said:
I am glad you are continuing the RQII system under another name. Just so you know there is already a Wayfarer RPG out there.

That's fairly interesting. I would have thought the legal guru's at Mongoose would have checked all that.

DamonJynx said:
robertsconley said:

That's fairly interesting. I would have thought the legal guru's at Mongoose would have checked all that.
It shouldn't have been hard!
https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=wayfarer+rpg

How long do you still have the license for? Or is this with effect immediately? The reason I ask, is that is there time for you to put out errata for the other Glorantha books, particularly Cults of Glorantha?

Kind of as a parting farewell wave from Mongoose to Glorantha?

Harshlax said:
How long do you still have the license for? Or is this with effect immediately? The reason I ask, is that is there time for you to put out errata for the other Glorantha books, particularly Cults of Glorantha?

Kind of as a parting farewell wave from Mongoose to Glorantha?

Time is always the factor, but we will do our level best.

msprange said:
medievaladventures said:
Will the renamed system become OGL? I hope so as that was the biggest disappointment with MRQ2.

No promises, but we are certainly considering it.

That would be excellent news if it came to pass. I have a feeling there's a lot of pent-up energy waiting to burst forth on this system (it's one of the reasons I want to start the fanzine) and setting it free like this could result in an explosion of new material.

I for one am excited about this turn of events. There has been a need for a more traditional fantasy with this system. I know a lot of old RQ feel the love for Glorantha but most of us newbies just don't like it much. Nothing against you guys but it just doesn't float my boat.

Will the new version be leather bound as well? Surely with 1 less license to pay for the leather bound goodness can continue. Hopefully the books will be a tad bit cheaper too. I can afford more of them then!

Back