RQ: Conan?

I have read it. And understand it. I also understand that I have better choices. You like it, fine. I don't. It's not the worst out there either. It's nebulous rules wise, and ill defined. The mechanics, such as they are, have a clumsy feel. The way it's written and the unnecessary terminology are the deal breakers for me, though. Like everything else Gygax ever did. There is no particular malice on my part, indeed I know a lot of people like it. Just don't assume that I judged it without knowing what I am talking about.

Archer said:
How I long for a BRP version of a Conan RPG...

Apparently according to a thread on rpg.net RQ Conan was announced at Origins (as was a Weis Productions Battle Star Galactica RPG base on the Serenity rules.)

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=272659

So mongoose guys is RQ Conan a confirmed product?

If you skim down a little on the main page, you'll see an entire 3-page thread devoted to the Origins rumor topic. :)

Battlestar Galactica RPG, sounds intresting.
Would have been even more so if they had used RQ rules ;)

I hope that it will not take too long before we get to see the RQ rules used in SciFi and Modern/Future settings. I am planning to run both a science fantasy campaign in my own setting, as well as a post apocalyptic campaign with the RQ rules.

Archer said:
Battlestar Galactica RPG, sounds intresting.
Would have been even more so if they had used RQ rules ;)

I hope that it will not take too long before we get to see the RQ rules used in SciFi and Modern/Future settings. I am planning to run both a science fantasy campaign in my own setting, as well as a post apocalyptic campaign with the RQ rules.

Yep Id like to see someting like "Fading Suns" using the new RQ rules. Man I love Fading Suns.

AikiGhost said:
Yep Id like to see someting like "Fading Suns" using the new RQ rules. Man I love Fading Suns.

Porting Fading Suns to RQ has been one of the ideas I have had for the new RQ, since I really dislike the VP system (mainly because I dislike dice pools).

If I remember correctly, there is even a short mentioning in Fading Suns along the lines; "if you like another game system, go ahead and use it".

But then, I am working on my own Science Fantasy setting for the RQ rules. Though I do not know when it will be ready, since developing a setting takes time, and I am working on more than one at the moment.

Archer,
I also really love the Fading Suns setting. But one thing I never liked was their artwork for space ships. They look a little bit too "modern" for my taste. I would like to have ships in a complex "gothic" look if you know what I mean. Similar to these nice Warhammer 40k ships. A graphical change in this subject would be a hit.

Well, I could just use the ship graphics from Warhammer instead those of Fading suns but this would take some time and energy.

So, dear Moongooses, would it be possible to bring out MRQ "Fading Suns" with new gothic ship graphics? :D (ok, just a joke)

Back